Page 7 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 5678917571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 7

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tuesday check in:

Total weight lost 45.2 pounds. 3.2 pounds in the last two weeks.
    BF% 38.0
    BMI 33.3

Hips -1 inch
    All other measurements the same.

Thoughts on Primal Eating

Since I just posted about my primal success on the "success stories" forum, I thought I'd better write down what my menu looks like seven months in.

Breakfast - one egg, two slices of bacon, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sometimes spinach. Or a protein shake if I'm bored.

Lunch -leftover meat, tuna or egg salad with fresh vegetables like carrots, peppers, cucumbers etc.

Snack - 1 HB egg, nuts (once in a while), cheese (rarely).

Dinner - meat and hot veggies or salad with avocado

Drinks - water, coffee with coconut milk and coconut oil, tea. Diet soda, flavored water sometimes. I do use Splenda.

*In general, I have cut dairy and fruit drastically. One week per month (PMS week), I allow myself sweet potatoes, fruit and cheese. This seems to act a a carb reload and keeps me from binging on grains.

According to FitDay, I eat around 2000 calories. Approximately 65% Fat, 25% Protein, 10% Carbs.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-21-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    You have some great veggie variety! I'm jealous!

Thoughts on being comfortable in my own skin

So I've lost 50 pounds and am at a weight that I have not seen in almost 20 years. I can't seem to get my head around it though. If someone asks me what i weigh now, I want to say 250. That's 25 pounds higher than I weigh. I think part of the problem is how fast I am losing the weight. I average 2 pounds a week. My brain has not had time to catch up.

It is also difficult for me to handle all the attention that I get now. I've always had a pretty face, but now my body is coming in line too. Men are starting to flirt with me. Which is fun, but scary. I'm married, so it's not going anywhere, but it still brings up odd feelings. Should I flirt back or run and hide. (My husband is okay with flirting as long as I always come back to him. He gets a kick out of having a pretty, healthy wife.) I am a much more outgoing vivacious person on Primal. People who know me want to know what I am doing. So I'm trying to subtly make some Primal converts.

This week, I put up before and during pics on MDA and Facebook. The response has been overwhelming. My friends and family are amazed and thrilled for me. The MDA gang has also been very supportive. I'm loving, and hating, the attention all at the same time. Weird, isn't it. Self Esteem issues are tough.

Most of the time I feel Fabulous, Fearless and Beautiful. That is good enough for me.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Well, I haven't posted in a while. I hit 50 pounds lost about two weeks ago. Immediately afterwards my PMS week arrived and it was a bad cycle. In the week that followed I had three binge days. I felt emotionally and physically out of control. I think there were a lot of feelings around losing 50 pounds and I was not ready when they hit me like a ton of bricks.

The good news is that I have regained control and re lost the binge weight I put on. I am once again sane and focused. My food is not always going to be perfect, but as long as I pick myself up and keep going, I will be fine.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Ist attempt to embed pics failed. Post won't delete.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Hurray! I finally figured out how to embed pictures!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Amazing to see those pics side by side, Paula! Hopefully you see what we see -- how incredible the progress is!

I'm curious: What's your end goal, so to speak? Is it a particular body fat %, weight, inches lost?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Hi Patrick, Thanks for visiting.

My first goal is to continue to protect myself from a recurrence of the pulmonary emboli that nearly killed me in October...but truth be told, I would love it if my stunning beauty could cause car accidents or even start wars. (paying homage to the goal in your signature)

Right now I'm only thinking about get under 200 lbs. At that point I will have cut my health risk significantly. CW says I should weigh 174 or less, but I am building lots of muscle in the gym so who knows. I'll let my body dictate where I land.

All of the above is very noble, nice sounding BS, but I remember what I looked and felt like the one time I weighed under 175. I was HOT. Sure, I would love to get back there.

Hell, It's just great to be alive and have a game plan for staying that way.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Way to get back on track!