Page 696 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 11392

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 696

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good luck P. I hope the increased aminos help.
    What he said!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I thin the aminos will help. I notice a difference when I forget to take mine.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So, my Doctor is concerned that my cholesterol has gone up from 172 to 216. She wants me to go on a low fat, low cholesterol diet...for now. God the ignorance is stunning. I imagine that statins will be recommended next year. I will not be taking them.

I would guess that my cholesterol numbers are higher due to the binging issue.

I also have a low grade UTI. I am going for the antibiotics because I have been a little ill all summer. I contracted something that has had my glands swollen and my ears full of fluid since late June. Hopefully, the abs will kill it. I think the uti is a result of that as well. (TMI alert) Not looking forward to the yeast infection to come.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If you can get a hold of pau d'arco tea, stock up for while you're taking the antibiotics. Drinking 4 cups of that per day (what was recommended on the box, I think), after allowing each bag to steep covered for about 10 minutes, REALLY helped when I was struggling with yeast infections. Personally, I'd recommend some grapefruit seed extract or oil of oregano (can get it in capsules) for a few weeks to help wipe out whatever has been lingering, along with some kind of probiotic. Do you have any kind of probiotic intake right now, in supplements or food?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have a probiotic that I take periodically. I heard that taking probiotic during an antibiotic course is pointless because the good guys get wiped out too. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for the tea recommendation.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Honestly, I'm not sure about abx/probiotics. My holistic docs have always said take your probiotic in the evening and abx in the morning. I don't know if it helps at all. I suppose it depends on the strength of the abx. It's all very confusing
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Logic would say they'd all get wiped out at once... but I don't know for sure. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Luckily, this is a short course ab...only 5 days. Of course that probably means that it is stronger.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Zithromycin?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ugggghhh... Z-pack.
    For me those are really bad. But I'm sensitive to, or full on allergic to, a bunch of abx.
    They either make me 100x sicker than anything I might already have, or have the potential to actually possibly kill me. Weeee!

Anyway, I'd start putting low-fat kefir in my lady parts a few times a day the first day of dosing to ward off the soon to be infection.
    Doing that I've never had one happen. It acidifies the environment and keeps the good bug population going so the bad bugs can't take over.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.