Page 693 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 693

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    had a friend whose washer just died and they got one super cheap from a big box store because it was a very old one, no features, just washed. It was under $50, delivered. Her hubs is a chatter and he was chatting with the clerk, and voila.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My homeowner's insurance now has a mandatory rider that covers all household appliances - to include our microwave and sump pump. We have to pay a deductible (not sure what it is, but I don't think it's much) and then they'll send someone out to repair it. If the repairs are too costly (by their opinion) the appliance will be replaced. They did this b/c too many people were letting their appliances get too bad off or were using them in broken states b/c they couldn't afford to replace/repair them and they were causing house fires or significant water damage.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    What an excellent job you're doing pebbles!! Sounds like you're getting everything back under control. I haven't caught up a great deal as I finally got myself a man (a paleo chef at that!) so I've been a bit preoccupied.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh, a man. Go Helen!

Wt. 219.7 + 2.2
    My DD turned into a way the hell up day. My husband made a wonderful dinner of bbq pork ribs and mussels. Dinner alone was 900+ cals. Then I came home from rehearsal. Exhaustion and a long list of little upsets sent me into a binge.
    I am attempting another DD today, but honestly I feel like making pancakes and burying them in syrup.
    We are driving to DE for a party on Saturday, staying 1 day and driving back on Sunday.

I'll check in later.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-08-2013 at 07:00 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, one of the good things about ADF is that after a few DDs, things really appear to turn themselves around. So, you can do this. Anything you want, you can have tomorrow. And, if today doesn't work out, a few DDs next week will take care of things. That's the beauty of this plan So, no beating yourself up! Instead, take care of you and have a wonderful day. YOU deserve it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have taken something I particularly wanted on an Up Day home, and saved it for the next day. Chanting the mantra of 'I can have it in 12 hours' felt foolish, but it really helped me. Of course, I know you have bingeing issues, not trying to make light of those, just offering my own tricks.

And cheering you on. Today is another day!

P, I can't remember if you are doing ADF or 4:3?

On the one hand, if you don't allow yourself the pancakes that need is likely to rear its ugly head and really take hold down the line, on the other hand you sort of need to help yourself stop a binge at one occurrence. Would a compromise help? Like if you made "egg" heavy crepes (by that I mean a recipe that has a high ratio of eggs) with coconut or almond flour and just put a nice dollop of really good butter on top with some sliced fresh fruit, this would feel more like you were nourishing yourself as opposed to punishing or giving up?

Thanks for the advice and help. I am doing ADF. I decided that today will be an eating day and tomorrow a DD. My head is just not in the game. That will also allow Saturday to be an UD due to the party.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that works then. I actually switched from ADF because I wanted to be able to choose my dd's. It started to get confusing with the whole ADF, and should I do 2 dd's in a row or 2 ud's if I had things planned. It was messing with my head. I like having 2 days I know are my dd's and 1 that is a floater. Funny how it works for all of our unique needs.