Page 692 of 1116 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 11155

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 692

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wt. 217.3 same as yesterday
    Today is a DD

I forgot to put my JUDDD plan down here so that you guys know what I am doing. I am fasting every other day from 9pm the day before to 5pm. Then I eat 500 calories of all Primal food. I aim for under 50g carb and over 60g protein. This is a Down Day. On Up Days, I aim for 2000 cals, under 100g carb, 100g protein and the rest in fat. I have added a 30g whey protein drink on both days to make sure that I am making my protein targets to support my exercise program. I am using dairy and stevia at this time.

I have made some interesting observations about Down Days and my psychology.
    1) I get an anxious feeling at the end of an Up Day because I know that there is no food coming for 20hrs. I also feel giddy when I wake up on UDs.
    2) As 5 pm approaches on a DD, I get a little frantic. The other day, I was 1/2 an hour from my house at 4:30. As I headed home with my eldest son, I must have had a funny look on my face because my son asked if I was okay. I told him that I was hungry which was the truth. I think feeling physical hunger every other day will really help me break the skewed mental ties to food.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    1) I get an anxious feeling at the end of an Up Day because I know that there is no food coming for 20hrs....
    I would get this too, at first. I don't remember when I stopped feeling this, but now, at five months in, it no longer affects me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I guess my mind doesn't think that far in advance, I sometimes get that feeling as I am making my morning coffee on my dd's. It is a combo of anxious and maybe a bit more "rats, can't eat _____ today". Usually the blank is a myriad of things swirling around in my head, none of which I would really eat anyway. Kind of silly really.

In the morning of my non-fasting days, I usually try to decide what my "splurge" will be. A glass of sangria, or a mug dessert, or whatever. I usually only end up doing it about half the time by the end of the day though. Now that I know that I can, I usually don't.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wt. 216.4 -.9 (-9.6 since 8/1)
    Today is an UD. Weightloss is slowing as expected. Glad my new set point is near my June 1st low of 213. Right on track for hitting 212 by the end of August. I suspect from now on that there will be weight gains after UDs.

Yesterday, I did yoga, today is body weight calisthenics.

The boys and I made some good headway in the back porch. Sadly some good stuff was ruined over the winter and spring due to leaks. Work continues today.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Do you like yoga? I don't know if it's that I'm so bad, but I don't enjoy it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm so bad at it that I don't enjoy it... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I had a great instructor for yoga when I lived in Florida, and did the Sun salutations regularly. Since moving here, every yoga class I have attended has left me so sore that I could barely move for a week. That is not fun.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    I'm as flexible as a 2x4 and even I like yoga.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think I'm so bad at it that I don't enjoy it... lol
    this..

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm as flexible as a 2x4 and even I like yoga.
    are you sure you are not confusing Watching and doing?? LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    are you sure you are not confusing Watching and doing?? LOL
    HA. Yes, I am sure

I attend a class which is very much lacking in eye candy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony