Page 687 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697737787 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 10883

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 687

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I did peel-and-stick in my kitchen. It still takes quite a bit of work.
    Does it hold up well? Our kitchen needs help. Did you just put it over the old?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I have had the same peel and stick flooring in our kitchen for about 5 years. I had to remove the 2 layers of linoleum because it was peeling up. I think it is best to take up the old flooring if possible.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I put it over our old(as there really wasn't a choice). No problems with sticking down, and it looks great. I have only had it there for a couple of years, though.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I wasn't going to mention this, but in yesterday's lesson, Dean used p90x, the biggest loser and Whole 30 as examples of extreme programs. I called him out on it in a private email because he intimated that they used success stories to convince people to buy their product. I made it clear that the w30 program is and always has been free on the site. There is no mandatory purchase. I wrote a lot more in their defense. Heck, I have never finished a w30, but I have seen benefits even after one week.
    He responded that he did not like their 30 day format, but that my defense was sound. He will remove them from future versions of the BIW.
    Thank you for this.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thank you for this.
    I have to say that I was a little put off at first, but I know Dean pretty well. He is a well meaning guy with great ideas. That is why I laid out as gently as possible why I felt that he had the wrong impression of W30. Extreme, maybe, but absolutely not manipulative. Apparently he has had many emails from people who couldn't hack the w30.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Having done numerous whole30's, it takes a lot of guts and work to make it happen. My first few were not that great. Subsequent ones have been better. It takes a certain amount of mental preparation and overall planning to make it happen. We all know that. Most people, in my opinion, don't know what they're getting themselves into and have a harder time of it because they don't know what they've gotten themselves into. But each time they give it a go, the do better and go for longer.

But yes, it is extreme - but so is Primal and Paleo... and we've all made that work.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Today is a DD. I had a 4hr bout of insomnia last night, so I'll need to be ready for the tired binge.

That Variety show rehearsals are going well. I am now the sound engineer. I will be playing the background music for people's songs from my place behind the bar as barmaid. The a capella song that Mike and I taught the group is a hit. We do it in three sections throughout the show cued by an inebriated Irishman saying "everybody died". We are all pretty proud of ourselves because the musical director quit last week due to personal issues.

Basement apt. Work and organization continues...

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    The variety show sounds like a great time Still proud of you for peel and stick tile - I couldn't do that, either!

It's a DD for me as well...

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    dd for me as well, we are all in this together.

the Variety show sounds like great fun!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Hiya P

Apart from that insomnia turn it sounds like you're on a good one, as long you follow what you've been learning, you can tame that tired binge yearning.

The show sounds like fun, do we have 'DJ P' in the mix here?!

And good on all of you on the down day.