Page 683 of 995 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 9944

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 683

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The crazy thing is that I do best when I follow the recommendations for weight loss as laid out in the Primal Blueprint. (100g of carbs max, 1 g protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest in healthy fat, an IF thrown in once in a while) If I eat to satisfaction within those parameters, calories naturally fall between 2000 and 2400. I feel great and lose weight slowly and steadily.

The next time I start talking about some new plan, please remind me to stay the course. : )

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The crazy thing is that I do best when I follow the recommendations for weight loss as laid out in the Primal Blueprint. (100g of carbs max, 1 g protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest in healthy fat, an IF thrown in once in a while) If I eat to satisfaction within those parameters, calories naturally fall between 2000 and 2400. I feel great and lose weight slowly and steadily.

The next time I start talking about some new plan, please remind me to stay the course. : )
    You and me both.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member

-Lead, don't follow. When looking at self improvement materials use independent thinking. Prescriptions don't work for people. "Do xyz and you will lose 10 lbs in 5 days." Lose the prescription mentality.
    -Steal principles, not prescriptions. Don't log because Dean logs. Try it and see what works for you. BIW is not a prescription, but a framework of ideas for building will power.
    -Create a powerful Why? Anything you commit to must have a self created, strong Why? Otherwise you will not stick with the new behavior. Every time you rack up a failure of follow through, it is like a pinch of poison that undermines your trust in yourself.
    Boy does this one hit me between the eyes! Speaking only about my weight loss efforts - I certainly have not been a leader or had a powerful WHY. I let my husband derail my healthy eating (or drinking) by allowing his cravings to be become my own. And I have not established a BIG enough reason to get this weight off ................. because I WANT TO has never held firm enough to get me through the weak times or the tough times or the times of strong outside influence. But I think my gut issues along with the I want to part is finally enough to give me my powerful WHY! I think I'm finally there. At least at the moment I firmly there............ lets see what happens when I'm tested.

How does this speak to you in terms of your binging? (I haven't read past this post so if you've answered - ignore my question)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Me too. Even when I have something that is working, I am easily led astray by the next great thing in the Primal world.
    Again ............... I've been a follower - not a leader!!! I have ADD when it comes to my diet and exercise efforts.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I readily admit that I am the Queen of tweaking. I am really trying to just go back to my most recent what was working and stick to it. 15 weeks I lost 15 pounds, now why would I go and tweak that? I am back to it for now that is all I can say for myself.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris are you tweaking now? Or, have you gone back to the 15lb/15 day thing?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    As far as binging is concerned, yesterday's lesson gave me two big realizations.

1. My Why for eating badly is stronger than my Why for eating healthily. I think we have to watch out for negative Why's. I'm not sure what I am getting out of the binge behavior, but it is powerful.
    2. I am full of self mistrust (which translates to a sense of hopelessness) due to repeated failure in this area. This goes back to my earlier statements about being unable to beat this thing and unworthy as well.

I am back to the 15lb/15weeks thing, 3:2:2 (3days @2,100 calories: 2days @1,500 calories: 2days @500 calories==with calories being very close but not fanatic)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Binging in surely multi-faceted, so probably a combination. However, I wonder if it is partly 2 things: (i) need for control when all else is out of control (we learned that foster kids often either binge or won't eat because it is one of the very few things they can control), although perversely you are somewhat out of control; and (ii) comfort, because food has been a comfort for a really long time. May be neither of those things, but thought I'd throw them out for what it's worth.

PrimalCon New York
    Well, I have thought all along that my Why for being here is stronger than my Why for getting where I want to be. I said it differently (ie. our will to survive is very strong, and for a reason I have yet to figure out, my body thinks it is safer here than being thinner, or at least safer being here than trying to get thinner - or the process of getting thinner anyway)