Page 682 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692732782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 682

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that very sad....... I can see why he is so concerned with the quality of education they are getting. Boy, P, you have to walk a thin line don't you? I'll keep you in my prayers............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, Tomi

I am a little behind on BIW lessons. There was no lesson on Mon due to a weather related system outage.

BIW Mod 5 lesson1. Review and execute.

-Lead, don't follow. When looking at self improvement materials use independent thinking. Prescriptions don't work for people. "Do xyz and you will lose 10 lbs in 5 days." Lose the prescription mentality.
    -Steal principles, not prescriptions. Don't log because Dean logs. Try it and see what works for you. BIW is not a prescription, but a framework of ideas for building will power.
    -Create a powerful Why? Anything you commit to must have a self created, strong Why? Otherwise you will not stick with the new behavior. Every time you rack up a failure of follow through, it is like a pinch of poison that undermines your trust in yourself.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-24-2013 at 06:19 AM.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    makes sense to me have a good day
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty bad about prescriptions. Oh, Paula lost 10 pounds doing "XYZ". Maybe I should try that. In part, nothing for me is fast, so when I see something fast, I want it too (even if my body doesn't work that way!).

Me too. Even when I have something that is working, I am easily led astray by the next great thing in the Primal world.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Me too. Even when I have something that is working, I am easily led astray by the next great thing in the Primal world.
    Yeah, this. It is as if we second guess ourselves. Sometimes I want to kick myself in the ass for doing it yet again.

The crazy thing is that I do best when I follow the recommendations for weight loss as laid out in the Primal Blueprint. (100g of carbs max, 1 g protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest in healthy fat, an IF thrown in once in a while) If I eat to satisfaction within those parameters, calories naturally fall between 2000 and 2400. I feel great and lose weight slowly and steadily.

The next time I start talking about some new plan, please remind me to stay the course. : )

canio6 Guest
    The crazy thing is that I do best when I follow the recommendations for weight loss as laid out in the Primal Blueprint. (100g of carbs max, 1 g protein per lb of lean body mass, the rest in healthy fat, an IF thrown in once in a while) If I eat to satisfaction within those parameters, calories naturally fall between 2000 and 2400. I feel great and lose weight slowly and steadily.

The next time I start talking about some new plan, please remind me to stay the course. : )
    You and me both.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

-Lead, don't follow. When looking at self improvement materials use independent thinking. Prescriptions don't work for people. "Do xyz and you will lose 10 lbs in 5 days." Lose the prescription mentality.
    -Steal principles, not prescriptions. Don't log because Dean logs. Try it and see what works for you. BIW is not a prescription, but a framework of ideas for building will power.
    -Create a powerful Why? Anything you commit to must have a self created, strong Why? Otherwise you will not stick with the new behavior. Every time you rack up a failure of follow through, it is like a pinch of poison that undermines your trust in yourself.
    Boy does this one hit me between the eyes! Speaking only about my weight loss efforts - I certainly have not been a leader or had a powerful WHY. I let my husband derail my healthy eating (or drinking) by allowing his cravings to be become my own. And I have not established a BIG enough reason to get this weight off ................. because I WANT TO has never held firm enough to get me through the weak times or the tough times or the times of strong outside influence. But I think my gut issues along with the I want to part is finally enough to give me my powerful WHY! I think I'm finally there. At least at the moment I firmly there............ lets see what happens when I'm tested.

How does this speak to you in terms of your binging? (I haven't read past this post so if you've answered - ignore my question)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.