Page 682 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692732782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 682

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes my husband probably wants and needs validation. The problem is that he gets an idea in his head and then runs with it. He doesn't want to discuss, he wants to dictate and be obeyed. Unfortunately, many times his way of dealing with a problem is more complicated than it needs to be. Take Kevin's last CSE meeting, He acted like a jerk and in the end, if he had done his research earlier, instead of believing everyone in the district is out to get us, we would have known what to ask for and there would have been less of an issue. He has blown up at every meeting for both of our sons for the last 2 years. I'm tired of it.
    Maybe the stress of having special needs kids is too much for him? Have you ever had counseling or went to a support group for families with these kinds of things?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am so glad the school issue is resolved especially before starting a new school year.
    me too............ at least that part is over and done
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Maybe the stress of having special needs kids is too much for him? Have you ever had counseling or went to a support group for families with these kinds of things?
    I think it is more about the help and support that he did not get when he was in school. He wanted to be an RN from the time he was in HS, but the guidance counselor basically told him he wasn't smart enough. His parents also discouraged him because they didn't want him to fail. It turns out that he has ADD. We had him tested at 48 so he could get services in nursing school. He fears his sons will end up wasting years like he did.

that very sad....... I can see why he is so concerned with the quality of education they are getting. Boy, P, you have to walk a thin line don't you? I'll keep you in my prayers............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Thanks, Tomi

I am a little behind on BIW lessons. There was no lesson on Mon due to a weather related system outage.

BIW Mod 5 lesson1. Review and execute.

-Lead, don't follow. When looking at self improvement materials use independent thinking. Prescriptions don't work for people. "Do xyz and you will lose 10 lbs in 5 days." Lose the prescription mentality.
    -Steal principles, not prescriptions. Don't log because Dean logs. Try it and see what works for you. BIW is not a prescription, but a framework of ideas for building will power.
    -Create a powerful Why? Anything you commit to must have a self created, strong Why? Otherwise you will not stick with the new behavior. Every time you rack up a failure of follow through, it is like a pinch of poison that undermines your trust in yourself.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-24-2013 at 06:19 AM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    makes sense to me have a good day
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm pretty bad about prescriptions. Oh, Paula lost 10 pounds doing "XYZ". Maybe I should try that. In part, nothing for me is fast, so when I see something fast, I want it too (even if my body doesn't work that way!).

Me too. Even when I have something that is working, I am easily led astray by the next great thing in the Primal world.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Me too. Even when I have something that is working, I am easily led astray by the next great thing in the Primal world.
    Yeah, this. It is as if we second guess ourselves. Sometimes I want to kick myself in the ass for doing it yet again.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony