Page 681 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 181581631671679680681682683691731781 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 681

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Looks like things are on the upswing
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Funny about the jokes. When my kids were fairly young, my dad talked us into watching "History of the World Part I" (I think that is the title-Mel Brooks). So I went home and rented it. It was rated "R" but it was Mel Brooks so I didn't think it would be so bad. There was sexual innuendo, no nudity or violence, so we decided to let it run all the way through would cause less of a ruckus than stopping and explaining why. Well when we got to the scene were Madeline Kahn is inspecting the troops for her next sexual conquest, she is walking along the line and you can see these guys all dressed in Roman armor but with no bottoms and you can see their bare buns. My kids started laughing so hard they were crying. DH and I were shocked that they got the joke. So I asked them what was so funny and DS said "they all got dressed so fast that they forgot to put on their pants" and DD added "and now she can see their private parts". Someday we will have to watch it with them again

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes my husband probably wants and needs validation. The problem is that he gets an idea in his head and then runs with it. He doesn't want to discuss, he wants to dictate and be obeyed. Unfortunately, many times his way of dealing with a problem is more complicated than it needs to be. Take Kevin's last CSE meeting, He acted like a jerk and in the end, if he had done his research earlier, instead of believing everyone in the district is out to get us, we would have known what to ask for and there would have been less of an issue. He has blown up at every meeting for both of our sons for the last 2 years. I'm tired of it.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Luckily, my DH and I tend to have a divide and conquer marriage. We take over in the areas of our "expertise" so I have been the one who goes to the school meetings (both of ours have "Reading Learning Disability"=what TN calls Dyslexia), he does the money stuff), so I could always temper his ideas with my own. It has worked very well.

My SIL, is a person who believes "they" are always out to get you, or at least always against you. Her "advocating" for my FIL (her FIL also) ended up getting him "moved" into 3 different facilities in the last few years of his life. And she wouldn't let him move to TN, because she didn't think I would stand up for him.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am so glad the school issue is resolved especially before starting a new school year.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Hope this week is starting off great. I am feeling better, no monthly yet, but not ready to hurt any innocent or not so innocent men at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Funny about the jokes. When my kids were fairly young, my dad talked us into watching "History of the World Part I" (I think that is the title-Mel Brooks). So I went home and rented it. It was rated "R" but it was Mel Brooks so I didn't think it would be so bad. There was sexual innuendo, no nudity or violence, so we decided to let it run all the way through would cause less of a ruckus than stopping and explaining why. Well when we got to the scene were Madeline Kahn is inspecting the troops for her next sexual conquest, she is walking along the line and you can see these guys all dressed in Roman armor but with no bottoms and you can see their bare buns. My kids started laughing so hard they were crying. DH and I were shocked that they got the joke. So I asked them what was so funny and DS said "they all got dressed so fast that they forgot to put on their pants" and DD added "and now she can see their private parts". Someday we will have to watch it with them again
    That's adorable! such innocence.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes my husband probably wants and needs validation. The problem is that he gets an idea in his head and then runs with it. He doesn't want to discuss, he wants to dictate and be obeyed. Unfortunately, many times his way of dealing with a problem is more complicated than it needs to be. Take Kevin's last CSE meeting, He acted like a jerk and in the end, if he had done his research earlier, instead of believing everyone in the district is out to get us, we would have known what to ask for and there would have been less of an issue. He has blown up at every meeting for both of our sons for the last 2 years. I'm tired of it.
    Maybe the stress of having special needs kids is too much for him? Have you ever had counseling or went to a support group for families with these kinds of things?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am so glad the school issue is resolved especially before starting a new school year.
    me too............ at least that part is over and done
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Maybe the stress of having special needs kids is too much for him? Have you ever had counseling or went to a support group for families with these kinds of things?
    I think it is more about the help and support that he did not get when he was in school. He wanted to be an RN from the time he was in HS, but the guidance counselor basically told him he wasn't smart enough. His parents also discouraged him because they didn't want him to fail. It turns out that he has ADD. We had him tested at 48 so he could get services in nursing school. He fears his sons will end up wasting years like he did.