Page 680 of 1077 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 10761

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 680

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    sometimes you just have to YEILD to what the hubby wants. If its a mistake then HE and only HE will bare the burden of the consequences. It might set Kevin back a bit - but I'm sure he will recover just fine. But - that being said, if its HIS choice to make this change it should be HIM doing the paperwork and phone calls to see it through. That is just my take on it though.

As for the driving thing........... Oregon is 15 for a permit, 16 for drivers license but its a limited license for the first 6 months. No after dark driving, no friends in the car (only family members) and I think no "joy" riding. School, work or family errands is all they are supposed to do. I didn't get my permit until I was 18, license at 19 when it was necessary for me to have a car and get myself where I needed to go. No reason to rush it.

Hope you're day is going well and you're able to get through the un-pleasantries without too much pain and frustration.

HUGS!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had a job at the age of 15, so waiting until I was 18 to get my license would not have worked. It was hard enough getting a ride to work for the 6 months I didn't have a license. There were days I rode my bike (I worked about a mile from home and lived in the country).

At 14 I got my learner's permit and "school permit" which would allow me to drive to school and to school functions (basketball/volleyball practice/games). At 16, full blown license - no probationary period like they have now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    He passed! You can take the permit test in NY at 16. Billy just wasn't interested. Now with college and friends, he wants it and it is necessary. I wish we had done it a little earlier, but that is the way it is. He will attend the community college in town about 7 miles from our house.

My son Mike wants to take his test in Jan. When he turns 16.

Every kid is different. I had to FORCE my son to get his permit when he was 18 so he could function in a world where public transportation is less than adequate.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I could drive when I could afford my own insurance, which meant a J.O.B.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well, I called the advocate. Wish I had done so three weeks ago. I was so afraid of getting the ball rolling that I caused myself torture for no reason.

The advocate said that if our son is meeting his goals in a 15:1 class, then the law says he has to continue there in the least restrictive environment. The change Bill wanted was 2 levels more restrictive and would take him away from his regular ed. peers. This was my main argument. She said we would have to prove that he is not meeting goals; Go down one level to a 6:2; then move to the alternate setting. Legally we currently don't have a case. She made some suggestions for the coming year which we will follow. I will write a letter to the committee on special ed. Requesting some iep changes. Kevin will go on as planned in our local district.

My husband accepted the outcome. I just wish he wouldn't make such a stink in these situations. A lot of times he is running on emotion rather than knowledge or truth. It is frustrating and embarrassing.

I wonder if your husband is in need of validation? It sorta sounds like when he wants something or has an idea about something he sorta pouts if his wants or ideas are not acted on or celebrated.

Just a thought that popped in my head as I was reading your last post.......... if I'm off base - sorry.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, I think you are right about validation. He says that I sometimes make him feel stupid. I don't mean to. I'm not even sure what I do. He says that I am always fighting him. He says black, I say white.

Your YIELD message was very timely and gave me the strength to make the call. Thanks.

If you think that is part of his personality - it will help him if you can find ways to build him up in that area - give him validation whenever you see an opportunity. Exactly as we all do hear on MDA. If he says something that warrants a "hey honey, good thinking!" then offer it up. I'm sure he will soak it up with much appreciation!

We all need to be validated.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to Billy on his permit! Good on him!
    Glad to hear things are sorted on Kevin's schooling as well, what a weight off your shoulders!