Page 677 of 995 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 9942

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 677

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Using kilz...that stuff is toxic. We are wearing respirators. Regular latex today.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I thought this article was very timely given our discussions on email reduction, and I think it has a lot of good info in it...How to Manage Email Inbox Overload and Actually Get Stuff Done | The Art of Manliness

Painting Done. Laying floor next week.

BIW mod 3 Lesson 2

Build in sensible practice. Practice in small chunks. *Don't try out your moves at a major party the first time, maybe start with a lunch out.

Act out the moves or steps of your plan. *Practice saying "No Thank You"

Practice under similar circumstances. * Buy a treat, but delay having the treat for a certain amount of time.

Chris, You always find such awesome stuff.

heehee, just keeping busy at work.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Painting Done. Laying floor next week.

BIW mod 3 Lesson 2

Build in sensible practice. Practice in small chunks. *Don't try out your moves at a major party the first time, maybe start with a lunch out.

Act out the moves or steps of your plan. *Practice saying "No Thank You"

Practice under similar circumstances. * Buy a treat, but delay having the treat for a certain amount of time.
    this works but takes practice, I have learned.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

For me it is the first bite. If I can hold that off, I am good. But once I have one, it seems to open a floodgate. So, unless it is absolutely essential (ie. it is a sit down dinner), I just plan not to eat at a party.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm the Queen of "no thank you" when in a public setting. Not so much so when its just me and the offending temptation! That's why I try to keep my house void of things Tomi shouldn't eat! I guess its all an exercise in self-control and determination.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

BIW Mod 3 Lesson 3 Specific Focus

-Prepare for the unexpected. Willpower is a systematic approach to difficult situations. Have a contingency plan.

-Create a SMaC list (Specific, Methodical and Constant) More specific than the Manifesto. A list that guides behavior in good times and bad. *Much like the eating plan with rumble strips that I came up with last week.

-Small stuff matters. Prepare for the little stuff and you don't have to deal with the big stuff.

*I had a small bonfire this morning. I took all of that sorted paperwork from last week out to our burn pile and lit it up. I had to keep stirring the pile to make sure everything was destroyed. It felt very cathartic.

*I am still having a hard time with the food. Even with all the tricks I am learning about will power, something is missing. It dawned on me today that in order to use these great systems I am learning in BIW, one has to actually want to succeed and believe that they can do it. My mind is not cooperating with me on this. If I cannot change the largely subliminal negative self talk, I will not ever succeed in conquering the health issue.

I realized today that
    1) After 40 years of struggle with food, I believe my situation is largely hopeless.
    2) Somewhere in my psyche is the belief that I do not deserve to succeed in this area.

I have a simple new mantra. "I can be healthy. I deserve to be healthy."