Page 674 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684724774 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 11039

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 674

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am willing to bet that you will notice some nagging problem or weight off your shoulders now that you have dealt with your Mom's mail and cleaned your desk. It is amazing the way hidden piles and saddening tasks put off for another day can effect us. Imagine how great you will feel going back to school this fall after taking care of so much with a productive summer!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Hey P. Just dropping by to say hello and to give you an internet hug. *HUG*!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ahhh checklists.. a must if anything is to be done.

On a side note its validating to know I am not the only one who forgets everything when dealing with stress or becomes paralyzed when overwhelmed. Hang in there.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love checklists! I made a list of things I want to accomplish this summer too. The list had 11 things on it (I need to add a few more) and already on my first furlough day, I knocked out 4 of them, plus one thing that I didn't have on the list. Success!!

I get paralyzed when overwhelmed too. Hence the pile of sh*t sitting on my kitchen counters still after weeks of telling myself that I really need to get it cleared off. The kitchen counter is one of our hotspots.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I love checklists! I made a list of things I want to accomplish this summer too. The list had 11 things on it (I need to add a few more) and already on my first furlough day, I knocked out 4 of them, plus one thing that I didn't have on the list. Success!!

I get paralyzed when overwhelmed too. Hence the pile of sh*t sitting on my kitchen counters still after weeks of telling myself that I really need to get it cleared off. The kitchen counter is one of our hotspots.
    I get overwhelmed with things like this too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    congrats on clearing out your mom's stuff, hoping you saved something with her handwriting on it.

I get overwhelmed with my perfectionism. I know exactly what I want and how I want it and if I can't find the exact thing then I don't start. I can't settle because I feel like then I will find the exact thing. As a consequence many projects don't get started or finished.

Lists only make me crazier.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I get overwhelmed with my perfectionism. I know exactly what I want and how I want it and if I can't find the exact thing then I don't start. I can't settle because I feel like then I will find the exact thing. As a consequence many projects don't get started or finished.
    ***OMG THIS IS SO MEEE!! I keep creating new "control journals" and or starting new calendars b/c I can't ever find anything I truly like, so I settle only to find something better later and start over... and by starting over so much, I never make any progress... or I can't find anything even remotely close to what I want and consider making my own line of organization tools... but that costs money I don't have.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    with me it is house projects, so that there is not actually any room in the house except the guest room and my daughter's that is totally done. Now, no one except me, and of course DH and DS, know this or could even tell. DS's room I don't like the drapes and I need to hang a few things, but we have been in this house for 8 years.

My son's and daughter's rooms are done. Bathrooms are both done. Other rooms are still a work in progress as the ceilings have never been painted and now the walls need repained, with the exception of the bedroom, which has had NO surfaces painted and as such, now needs to be retextured b/c furniture/bodies have rubbed it off. We've been in our house for almost 6 years.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    congrats on clearing out your mom's stuff, hoping you saved something with her handwriting on it..
    The danger is wanting to save everything.