Page 673 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636716726736746756837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 673

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ahhh checklists.. a must if anything is to be done.

On a side note its validating to know I am not the only one who forgets everything when dealing with stress or becomes paralyzed when overwhelmed. Hang in there.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love checklists! I made a list of things I want to accomplish this summer too. The list had 11 things on it (I need to add a few more) and already on my first furlough day, I knocked out 4 of them, plus one thing that I didn't have on the list. Success!!

I get paralyzed when overwhelmed too. Hence the pile of sh*t sitting on my kitchen counters still after weeks of telling myself that I really need to get it cleared off. The kitchen counter is one of our hotspots.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I love checklists! I made a list of things I want to accomplish this summer too. The list had 11 things on it (I need to add a few more) and already on my first furlough day, I knocked out 4 of them, plus one thing that I didn't have on the list. Success!!

I get paralyzed when overwhelmed too. Hence the pile of sh*t sitting on my kitchen counters still after weeks of telling myself that I really need to get it cleared off. The kitchen counter is one of our hotspots.
    I get overwhelmed with things like this too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    congrats on clearing out your mom's stuff, hoping you saved something with her handwriting on it.

I get overwhelmed with my perfectionism. I know exactly what I want and how I want it and if I can't find the exact thing then I don't start. I can't settle because I feel like then I will find the exact thing. As a consequence many projects don't get started or finished.

Lists only make me crazier.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I get overwhelmed with my perfectionism. I know exactly what I want and how I want it and if I can't find the exact thing then I don't start. I can't settle because I feel like then I will find the exact thing. As a consequence many projects don't get started or finished.
    ***OMG THIS IS SO MEEE!! I keep creating new "control journals" and or starting new calendars b/c I can't ever find anything I truly like, so I settle only to find something better later and start over... and by starting over so much, I never make any progress... or I can't find anything even remotely close to what I want and consider making my own line of organization tools... but that costs money I don't have.

with me it is house projects, so that there is not actually any room in the house except the guest room and my daughter's that is totally done. Now, no one except me, and of course DH and DS, know this or could even tell. DS's room I don't like the drapes and I need to hang a few things, but we have been in this house for 8 years.

My son's and daughter's rooms are done. Bathrooms are both done. Other rooms are still a work in progress as the ceilings have never been painted and now the walls need repained, with the exception of the bedroom, which has had NO surfaces painted and as such, now needs to be retextured b/c furniture/bodies have rubbed it off. We've been in our house for almost 6 years.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    congrats on clearing out your mom's stuff, hoping you saved something with her handwriting on it..
    The danger is wanting to save everything.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Hi P

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The danger is wanting to save everything.
    True, when my father went on, I found my favourite photo of him, got it blown up, framed and hung, apart from a few little things that was about it really, didn't want to clutter the house with stuff that might have had sentimental value to him, but was worthless to me, memories are worth more!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I understand. I have dresser drawers full of things that my in-laws saved of their family. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the stuff, and they have both passed. Luckily, right now I have the space to spare. When I don't DH will have some decisions to make. It is an interesting mind exercise though, what will I save of my parent's stuff. Photos most likely, I will just scan and put them on discs. What will my children save of mine?