Page 672 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 11058

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 672

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    BIW Module 2 Lesson 2 Decide in Advance

Determine the Outcome
    -Gain Clarity on Fuzzy Outcomes ie. I want to binge less, I want to be more organized with paperwork.

-Dig Deep and be specific In order to avoid a binge, I need to get enough sleep. (As Chris says, sleep is the single most important factor in weight loss.) What does getting more sleep look like?
    *9-9:30 Turn off electronics, Take meds and sleep supps, finish dishes, prep clothes etc.for AM
    *9:30 Get in bed with a book or journal
    *10 pm lights out.

-Create indicators. How do you know that you are successful?
    *Go Wear Fit Tells me I am sleeping 7+ hours
    *I have 3 or fewer binges / month
    *I no longer need to nap in the afternoon.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, I'm way too uncoordinated for Zumba. I tried it at home a few times. I need to spend more time on the slower stuff. Hulky can't stand teaching me to dance because he doesn't understand how I can't pick it up after doing something twice.

I like your bedtime plan. I used a similar schedule early last year when I was working on getting myself in and out of bed at reasonable times. I usually didn't go to bed until 10:30, but now I'll fluctuate between 10 and 10:30 and that works fine. It took a couple of months to really ingrain the plan.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of KNOWING what your action would look like. Kind of like teaching a child what you mean by 'a clean room'. You can't assume they now what your standard is. Or even that there IS a standard. Maybe our brains are the same way.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I really believe that getting regular sleep will make a huge difference in your life! Love that you have a plan and a way to see that you have been working that plan! I need to get back on it too. I have let my sleep time drift closer to between 10:30 and 11 and I really need to get back to lights out by 10. Starts tonight! My fitbit will keep track for me, not as accurately as yours, but good enough to keep me on track!

BIW Mod 2 Lesson 3 Shape Your Behavior

1) Set Boundaries. Having fewer choices frees you to live a bigger life. ie. Eat Clean Paleo, Limit internet time.

2) Create awareness. What are you doing that needs to change? ie. I am wasting HOURS on the internet instead of doing other important stuff. Avoidance?

3) Write A Manifesto to help shape behavior that is troubling you. Below is all Dean.

Dean’s Weight Loss Manifesto

1. Collect data.

People who lose weight and sustain it collect tangible data that provides immediate feedback. They log their foods, track their weight and reflect on what is working and what isn’t.

2. Have a rumble strip.

Data collection means nothing if there are not clearly defined boundaries to indicate when you have veered off course. Maintaining a carb limit below 100g works very well for my body type.

3. Focus on sustainable behaviors

You can’t violate the law of cause and effect. Weight loss is maintained only as long as the behaviors are sustained. Stop the behavior (cause) and lose the result (effect).

4. Be the expert on me

Every time I fail I have an opportunity to get an answer to the question, “Why do I do what I do?” Never stop asking that question or building my database of answers.

5. Recover fast

Failure is not the problem. Failure to recover is. The quicker I accept responsibility for veering off course, the quicker I get back on track and reverse the damage done.

6. Customize solutions

The solution has to fit into the context of my lifestyle. Do what I need to do to make solutions that are catered to me.

7. Fault the system, not the person

95% of the time, my failure is a result of the system. Always be troubleshooting to make it as infallible as humanly possible. Never chalk it up to a character flaw.

8. Practice forgiveness

Guilt is a wasted emotion. I’m going to mess up. Put on my big boy pants, accept responsibility, forgive myself and get into recovery mode.

9. Focus on empirical knowledge

Accept nothing as fact until you have tested an idea out on yourself. Only then can I say something works or doesn’t work for my body type. And if it doesn’t, see ya!

10. Empower others

Too many people are suffering, falsely believing they are to blame. Share what I know and create a movement to empower people everywhere to transform their bodies and their lives.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like the rumble strip concept.

One of my rumble strips in the kitchen is that I am allowed to collect five of certain things: jars, twist ties, paper bags. Once I have five twist ties in the drawer, I need to THROW OUT any more twist ties that come along, EVEN THOUGH they are useful items. Five is enough. And, no, I did not choose five because I have special knowledge into how many twist ties are useful in a household. I chose it because it is the number of our family. Random, in other words, but you now what? Five IS a reasonable number of twist ties to have. I have never run out of twist ties for whatever thing I need twist ties for. And there are no longer twist ties crammed into every corner of my kitchen drawers.

I think I will expand the rumble strip concept to other areas, now that I have a cool name to call it!

thanks so much for sharing that P! I have moved it into a word document and saved it to my desktop so that I can read it daily. And work on it a bit at a time.

Dean told the story of a hs friend who was killed when he fell asleep at the wheel. He wondered if the rumble strip would have saved him. Then he challenged us to think of rumble strips for any problem areas in our lives and make them an intrinsic part of the system we create to combat the problem. Sabine, I love the rule of 5. So very useful in many areas. Chris, I figured you would love that #1 was collect data.

yep, now if I could just teach myself to use it too, I would be in great shape!

My cousin fell asleep at the wheel when she was in her 20's, rumble strip kept her from going down a steep embankment and got her back on the road safely and scared enough to stay awake the rest of the way home.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh my... I need to think on the rumble strips.. I think I am rumble strip-less which would explain A LOT.

I am loving your posts Paula!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.