Page 672 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626706716726736746827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 672

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Here is my current list of rumble strips.

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips

1) FOOD
    Follow Paleo rules
    100 carb gram limit per day,
    2000+ calories on non fast days, 500 on fast days
    2 -3 fast days/week max
    No food after 7pm (sleep)
    Take supplements
    Drink 50oz water min. and 2 cups of coffee max.

2) DATA
    Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Sundays) Track in journal or MFP.
    Track food every evening (check food rumble strips)

3) EXERCISE
    1-3 sessions/week in each of these 4 components-Speed (1), Flexibility (2), Endurance (2-3) and Strength (3-4) Make up missing components on Wed. & Sat.

4) SLEEP
    7 hrs minimum as measured by GoWearFit
    In Bed by 10 (Summer)
    Dark Quiet Room
    Take sleep supplements

5) BINGES
    See Binge Emergency Plan
    If a binge happens, journal about it, let it go, get back to Paleo eating ASAP
    Goal - fewer than 4 binges / month

6) SYSTEMS
    Type out, print and post systems.
    Reread and evaluate systems 1x/week on Sun.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-15-2013 at 05:11 AM.

BIW Module 3 Lesson 1 - Identify Hotspots
    *The example used was holiday parties

-Look at past failures. Tear them down into pieces.
    *Why did you eat bad things at the party? Alchohol, Other People, Trigger Foods, Hungry...

-Predict the Hotspots
    *How will you respond or prepare for the above issues? Eat before party. Practice saying "No Thank You."...

-Do Your HW
    *pack snacks, check the menu...

I have problems with attending parties even when I decide in advance. ie. 4th of July party. I went in planning to eat only meat and green salad. I ate a broccoli salad that had a lot of sugar. By the time dessert came out I was "jonesing" for sugar. Then the "Don't want to miss out" monster hit. I ended up eating a piece of pie, watermelon and 6 cookies. Then I continued at home. Not sure what to do about this issue yet. Dean then challenged us to look at our relationships with this lesson in mind. EEEk, not sure I am ready for that.

I sprinted yesterday for the first time in at least a year and I didn't die. Even though I did 30 min of Yoga first, my left hamstring is not happy with me.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am stealing the concept of your list (I will fill in details pertinent to my journey) thanks!

For me, for parties, I just can't start. I stay away from the food all together. Just stand around and talk. If some one asks me about it, ie. "did you try the pasta, it is delicious", I simply say either "I haven't made it to the food yet, but will be sure to check it out" if it is early in the night, or "yes it was yummy" if it is late in the late. Especially now that I know that I can go at least 8 hours without eating and know that no ill will befalls me. I just remind myself that this is about getting together with whomever is there, I can eat anytime. I also usually take a purse that has no strap, so I have to hold it in one hand. Add a drink in the other and voila, unless I am willing to shove my face into a serving plate, I have no way to serve myself or to eat. I never walk away from my purse, period, it has been stolen too many times.

My problem is my pantry. No matter how "good" the stuff in there is, if I am gonna binge I will binge on anything (ie. I remind you of the infamous Brussels sprout binge).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Oh... I am so thinking on this and stealing the format. my problem of late is ice cream.. hmmm... need a rumble strip there..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    About the above.

I am in the process of evaluating my systems for everything from eating to house keeping. I am looking to see if a system is flawed or it is a case of flawed execution. In some cases, I have no system and need to create one. Dean keeps saying that the system must be simple and easy to implement and stick with it. I agree wholeheartedly.

Right now I am having a very hard time with food. Much of the problem is that I am on summer break and am unscheduled. I am not eating enough, not drinking enough water, not sleeping enough and not working my anti binge strategies. So this is a classic execution failure. I have the plan, I need to work it. I also need to come up with a system for accomplishing projects this summer. Time just seems to get away from me otherwise.
    I am notorious for having a system and failing to use it properly. Right now, I am without a Whole30, so I'm not doing a very good job of following any sort of rules, despite having Primal to fall back on. There's nothing inherently wrong with primal - just my flawed execution of it. Sugar is creeping in every single day - despite milk chocolate not being primal...

I have also been a long time subscriber to the Fly Lady approach to housekeeping, but I fail to maintain her system... I fail to shine my sink every night, I fail to keep up with laundry, I fail to manage paper clutter and hot spots. So, our house remains in CHAOS.

Thanks for sharing your lessons, Paula. They're really making us all think.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

BIW Mod 2 Lesson 2 - Use Checklists

-Do the dumb stuff. The minor things that need to happen for life to run smoothly.
    *Flylady insists that your sink be clean at the end of the day and that you dress to the shoes every morning.

-Improve your baseline performance. Checklists focus on the unsexy concept of consistency.
    *Take your supplements and meds each day on time.

-Script the critical moves. By having checklists, you remove the elements that derail success...Forgetfulness (caused by stress) and Paralysis (caused by being overwhelmed)

I use checklists to make sure I get through daily chores. I also use morning and evening routine checklists. It is time to revamp those.

Using the what I am learning from the BIW course, I have been slowly reorganizing my desk, cleaning out files and going through piles of paper & bills. Yesterday, I finally got back to my Mom's mail. After her death 22 months ago, I dealt with her finances and then just stuffed all her incoming mail in a bag. Her purse sat in another bag piled on my desk. Yesterday, I finally went through all of that mail and her purse.
    It was cleansing. I only lost it once, when I found a slip of paper with a list of inspirational bible verses. I always loved her hand writing.

On a lighter note, everyone must see "The Heat". Hysterical movie.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I am willing to bet that you will notice some nagging problem or weight off your shoulders now that you have dealt with your Mom's mail and cleaned your desk. It is amazing the way hidden piles and saddening tasks put off for another day can effect us. Imagine how great you will feel going back to school this fall after taking care of so much with a productive summer!

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey P. Just dropping by to say hello and to give you an internet hug. *HUG*!