Page 669 of 997 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 9965

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 669

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh and regarding paleo... I am finding myself being more paleo and less primal every day, and I definitely talk more about paleo than primal, but I always recommend primal to beginners.

While dairy and I aren't friends, I am finding it hard to stay away. I enjoy so much dairy... it's easy enough to give up for 30 days or so while doing a whole30, but when I'm not actually doing a whole30 challenge, it's so hard for me to stay away - especially when I make food for everyone in the house and they all consume dairy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    BIW lesson 2 -
    Focus on behaviors, not outcomes
    Small behaviors make big changes

I have decided to practice building willpower in areas other than health. I have my Paleo plan and my exercise plan that I will continue to follow. I am going back to logging food.

I have decided to work on small behaviors that will help me deal with bigger issues. Email Inbox problem-Delete 25 emails and deal with new email every morning. Recycling problem - Bring recyclables with me when I go shopping. Every time for now. First week of every month when pile up is dealt with.

I will be taking part in the Coach House Players annual variety show. I auditioned last night singing Patsy Cline's "Crazy". It was fun to be with my friends again.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Love Patsy Cline! My aunt used to walk around the house singing that song as she dusted, my aunt's voice was almost as good at Patsy's, at least to my young ears. Lovely memories. I am sure that will give you something fun to look forward to doing, so it is not all work this summer.

Love the focus shift to behaviors and small steps. I often feel like, reading from the outside looking in, that it seems like you tend to tackle such huge steps in one go. For me, following along with your journey, the small steps will be easier on me anyway

I believe some things need to be done all at once. Like ripping off a band aid. My problem is not taking huge steps, but follow through. I don't continue to follow the plan...whether big or small. Hoping to learn how to retrain myself on this issue.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, maybe then it is not so much the size of the steps, but how many you take on at once. For me if I try to change more than one or two things I basically forget that I am doing them. I like the idea from, I think it was Precision Nutrition, that you break down the step into as small a piece as you know you can manage for essentially 3 weeks, then once that becomes habit and you built up confidence you can add another piece. I mean, I like it mentally, it makes sense, I haven't accomplished it yet, and well, I forgot about it till just now. Maybe what I need to work on is my memory?

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Hiya P

I've been like you with the e-mails, haven't even logged into my account for about 6 months, dread it to be honest, just because there's so much crap in that there inbox, liking the delete a few a day plan though, might give it a go.....

Like that you're singing again and you're plan going forward!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you will be doing a performance this summer. Something fun that you are great at.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    in my opinion............ any emails that are more than a month old are obsolete anyway and could easily be deleted without even reading. If its a FWD and is nonsense it isn't worth my time or energy to give it any attention other than a click to delete.

An option to the email problem: Look at only what has come in the past month - keep what is important, respond to what is necessary - delete everything else.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

PrimalCon New York
    With emails as with paperwork, i need to severely reevaluate what needs to be kept.