Page 669 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 11527

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 669

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love Patsy Cline! My aunt used to walk around the house singing that song as she dusted, my aunt's voice was almost as good at Patsy's, at least to my young ears. Lovely memories. I am sure that will give you something fun to look forward to doing, so it is not all work this summer.

Love the focus shift to behaviors and small steps. I often feel like, reading from the outside looking in, that it seems like you tend to tackle such huge steps in one go. For me, following along with your journey, the small steps will be easier on me anyway

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I believe some things need to be done all at once. Like ripping off a band aid. My problem is not taking huge steps, but follow through. I don't continue to follow the plan...whether big or small. Hoping to learn how to retrain myself on this issue.

Well, maybe then it is not so much the size of the steps, but how many you take on at once. For me if I try to change more than one or two things I basically forget that I am doing them. I like the idea from, I think it was Precision Nutrition, that you break down the step into as small a piece as you know you can manage for essentially 3 weeks, then once that becomes habit and you built up confidence you can add another piece. I mean, I like it mentally, it makes sense, I haven't accomplished it yet, and well, I forgot about it till just now. Maybe what I need to work on is my memory?

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Hiya P

I've been like you with the e-mails, haven't even logged into my account for about 6 months, dread it to be honest, just because there's so much crap in that there inbox, liking the delete a few a day plan though, might give it a go.....

Like that you're singing again and you're plan going forward!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you will be doing a performance this summer. Something fun that you are great at.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    in my opinion............ any emails that are more than a month old are obsolete anyway and could easily be deleted without even reading. If its a FWD and is nonsense it isn't worth my time or energy to give it any attention other than a click to delete.

An option to the email problem: Look at only what has come in the past month - keep what is important, respond to what is necessary - delete everything else.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    With emails as with paperwork, i need to severely reevaluate what needs to be kept.

with my emails, I have folders, and everyday I go through and read the emails, then either answer by the end of the day or put in a folder or delete. So my inbox is cleaned daily. Then about once a month I go through the folders and delete or save depending on what it is. It is much easier to delete an email that has been sitting in a folder for a month than it is to delete it from my inbox for some reason. In the folders I have for different projects that I have going on, when the project is done I can delete the whole folder.

p.s. the system does not work as well with paperwork, and that is why I hate mail so much!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have, right now, 2105 email in my inbox at work... I need to clean it out as well.

How I do this is by sorting by who the sender is. Then I can delete entire categories at once - like say all my emails from my husband or a girlfriend at work. Once I narrow it down that way, I work on things by subject. Since it's work stuff and we never know when something is going to resurface, I try to file anything work related so I can find it again later. Makes for a mess of files, but sometimes it has to be done.

And since you have gotten me thinking about this, the inbox will be my task for the day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When it comes to work email, important things I will leave in my inbox for a month. We get daily sales reports and other daily stat emails that after I look after them, I immediately delete. I have approximately 30 folders and 20 sub folders that I put remembered important stuff in. I do go through periodically and delete old info from my folders
    Georgette