Page 668 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718768 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 11349

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 668

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow Paula.. love you girl. It can be very liberating to free all those words (translate worries, concerns, etc.) out.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The course I am taking with Dean Dwyer is called "Building Incredible Willpower" Yes it is a paid course. ($100). I like and trust Dean, so I am willing to put out the money.

Today was Day 1
    The recap...
    You can teach yourself anything.
    80-90% percent of our problems could be solved by putting a workable system in place for dealing with these issues.
    Systems can be learned.

Examples from my own life...
    Flylady is a system I have used successfully to keep my home in order.
    Paleo is a system of eating that works for me.
    Fitness 666 has a body weight exercise system that is easy for me to follow.
    My new system of dealing with email clutter is to delete 50 a day.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Phew, that's a lot of emails! I get some newsletter items throughout the week, regular correspondence with Hulky while we're at work during the day, and sometimes an email from my mom about something, but that's about it. This isn't anything work-related, though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have been very neglectful of my email. I receive about 10 a day. I have over 5000 unread. I think the total might be close to 10,000. Dean used email pileup as an illustration of needing systems in place to deal with problems. I quote "An email inbox that gets out
    of control functions on the exact same principles that cause people gain weight, go into debt or consistently repeat the
    same mistakes in relationships."

Ouch!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My mom has email management issues. She's a very busy woman. Folder systems are my friend, but I guess she never picked up those kind of organizational things along the way. I wonder if this kind of course would be helpful for her!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I read all of my email, but tend to keep it in my inbox "for later reference". This past week I started to delete or move to folders, and then went through the folders and started to delete from them. I finished 1 of them (I have 3 email accounts), it felt so good!

I would love to implement Fly Lady's system. Another thing I will do as an empty nester.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My eldest turns 18 today, but this seems like it was yesterday.

OMG he looks JUST. LIKE. YOU! Identical!

I love flylady! Love her. She has such an amazing system but I have never been successful at commiting to it for long. I get lazy and then procrastinate and then the next thing I know, the house is overwhelming again. I have created a list of things to tackle while on Furlough Fridays, though.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Oh and regarding paleo... I am finding myself being more paleo and less primal every day, and I definitely talk more about paleo than primal, but I always recommend primal to beginners.

While dairy and I aren't friends, I am finding it hard to stay away. I enjoy so much dairy... it's easy enough to give up for 30 days or so while doing a whole30, but when I'm not actually doing a whole30 challenge, it's so hard for me to stay away - especially when I make food for everyone in the house and they all consume dairy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

BIW lesson 2 -
    Focus on behaviors, not outcomes
    Small behaviors make big changes

I have decided to practice building willpower in areas other than health. I have my Paleo plan and my exercise plan that I will continue to follow. I am going back to logging food.

I have decided to work on small behaviors that will help me deal with bigger issues. Email Inbox problem-Delete 25 emails and deal with new email every morning. Recycling problem - Bring recyclables with me when I go shopping. Every time for now. First week of every month when pile up is dealt with.

I will be taking part in the Coach House Players annual variety show. I auditioned last night singing Patsy Cline's "Crazy". It was fun to be with my friends again.