Page 661 of 1111 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663671711761 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 11109

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 661

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thank You all for your advice and support.

The thing is, you guys don't know me. I am part of this equation and not innocent of bad behavior by any means. I think our personality traits do not gel well. What that means to our future? I don't know.
    I agree, you are part of the equation-- the only part you can change. So, my suggestion stands. Change what you are doing, how you react. He will either change accordingly, you will decide you deserve better, or you will shut up and put up. All are choices we all are free to make.

As a side note, I read somewhere, in my search to save my marriage, that we tend to pick partners that can help us(both) heal our childhood wounds. However, it takes both people to acknowledge the wounds and the need to do differently to be successfully.

It takes two to make a marriage work. But one unaware/unwilling/selfish/self-centered person can destroy it because they do not see it as a team.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Last night Bill's brother arrived with his family, my in laws and another niece. We had a bbq, bonfire and camp out. I slept in my own bed. Lol

Today will be super busy, then fun after 1 pm.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to your graduate! Have fun.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hope today is a wonderful day! I was going to say, tell Billy congratulations, but since he doesn't know me, probably doesn't mean much

I told him that my MDA friends said congrats. Since he has gamer friends all over the world, he totally gets it.

The party was great. There was a lot of stress and a few disasters, but all was well once e got started. It was a mini family reunion. Billy was given almost $ 800. We will open a bank account this week. He will use some of it for school and save for a car.

Tomorrow is weigh in. It is the only w30 tenet that I did not break. I will not be rewarded for hard work because I have been eating badly for a week. I know however, that during June I hit a new low. I felt thinner and fit into size 12-14 pants. So, back to w30 tomorrow.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Always back on the horse.

Lately I have found the scale to be a completely unreliable piece of equipment for measuring success.
    All my efforts at walking and hiking have the fat/muscle exchange system working pretty well evidently, and while the scale has appeared to be in a state of almost permanent stasis... my clothes say otherwise.
    Pants are looser. Particularly waistbands.
    I had to buy bras with smaller bands but larger cup size. (Serious WIN!)
    While t-shirts, which is what I wear most are notorious for not being so good for telling(especially those loose ones I like), I can now wear smaller ones that were in a drawer that didn't really fit a few months ago(like "eeeppp it's tight and look at those buldges! LOL)... and a fitted/darted proper button down shirt I put on a couple of days age was REALLY telling.

It's nice to see the scale move. But it's not the only measure of success.
    Fit, and just all over FEEL, are really the bar at which we should aim.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-30-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope you will continue to hold off on weighing in during July's Whole30. I agree wholeheartedly with Cori's statements! I wish more people would give it up. I think it's a really good exercise for your brain to reduce how much "tracking" is necessary to follow health progress.

I'm giving up the scale for the rest of the year.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I seriously need a new pair of work pants after my whole 30, plus I need to start working out before I start to look sick. Good luck for your new whole 30 Paula. I was pretty strict on mine, but was totally over it by this past weekend. Was begging for Monday!

I am more than 13 lbs heavier than June 30th. That is what happens when I go on a week long bender. My bad leg was so full of fluid last night, I could not sleep. I barely sat down yesterday.
    I know that this erratic eating behavior and huge weight swings are dangerous. Sometimes I can control my eating behavior, sometimes I can't and sometimes I don't care. It is the don't care that I must work on.

We have many things on the agenda this week. Kevin starts his summer program today.

I have decided that I am going to avoid talking about my husband here for the most part. His upset with me last week was pretty much par for the course. I was just venting. It was not a big incident, but kind of blew up in here. Honestly, I felt like running away. Yeah my marriage is not so great, but I am going to stick with it. To read what was written on here about abuse etc. is painful. And as I said, I am guilty of my own stuff.
    ***please do not apologize.I know that what was written came from the heart. I just don't want to talk about it anymore.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-01-2013 at 05:01 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You are up awful early for someone on summer vacation