Page 654 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446526536546556566647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 654

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    At Graduation...starts at 6

This summer we have big home maintenance plans.

Billy will be registering for the community college. He has been accepted into their Media and Communications program. It has a film concentration.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    excellent on all counts!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Ugh. Graduation debauchery.

We had sushi. Then after the ceremony we had an ice cream sundae party. So bloated.

We have 2 grad parties today. Hope I can eat clean.

Billy's grad party is next Sunday 6/30-the day before w30 weigh in. That was poor planning on my part. Eh, life happens.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Dont sweat the petty stuff and dont pet the sweaty stuff lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

This was an interesting weekend with lots of roller coaster ups and downs and some scary parts.

Billy's graduation was great, but he seemed subdued the rest of the weekend.

We went to the 2 grad parties on Saturday, one for a friend and another for a family member. The friend party was uncomfortable for us because we only knew the boy and his immediate family. I am never good in that kind of situation. Too shy. believe it or not. The family party was fun and we caught up with many people. Most of them will be at Billy's party as well.

I ate badly all weekend. I have one week left of June to eat clean and try to salvage something out of this w30. I still learned a lot, but in the end, the poor eating may hinder scale and measurement progress. I will continue w30 through July.

I was a jumble of emotions and hormones this past week. In addition to my usual feelings about the end of the school year and then Billy's graduation, we had a pregnancy scare. I have always been on a very set schedule for my period. In the last 6 months or so, things have been changing...a little early...a little late. I was due on Father's Day. Well, it still hasn't come. Yesterday, I finally bought a test. It was negative, Thank God. I do have a copper IUD, but it is nine years old and the life span is about 10 years.

A pregnancy for me would be a disaster. Not just because I am nearly 46 years old, but because of my health issues, one of us would likely die in the process. Could we make the decision to abort our own child? Then selfishly, I saw all of my dreams going up in smoke...no more theater, no singing with a band... I felt like an awful person...Mostly I was just terrified. My husband was not thrilled about starting over again at 53, but more than that, he was worried about my health.
    Anyway, the upshot is that I am just getting old...I'm not really happy about that either, but I will be glad when hormonal crazy girl leaves forever.

Don't worry, even after all of the above, I am fine. Billy and I will hit the ground running this morning to order food and buy supplies for his graduation party. Shopping is always fun.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-09-2014 at 01:35 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    [[hugs]] An understandably rough week! I think a lot of us have been there with pregnancy scares, with all kinds of worries. My guess about Billy's subdued behavior is that reality is sinking in. The summer between high school and college was very fun, but a bit surreal to me. I hope his first post high-school summer is great .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, DS had a bit of time where he was more subdued than normal. Friends who he may never see again, knowing it is a new phase of life, scarey, just like for us. He will fall into the excitement of it soon enough.

I had a major pregnancy scare at almost exactly your age, but my test gave a false positive! Then TOM started, and after that I did another test and it was negative. But a few weeks of "can we do this again, and how in the world will my health hold up" made it one of the most stressful months of my life.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I remember a bit of surrealism after high school graduation. You're an adult, yet you're still living with the parents. It was a bit odd to say the least.

Pregnancy scares are the worst. I still have freak out moments even though Clint has been snipped and I had the ablation last year. I couldn't imagine being pregnant at my age now. I am still honestly surprised mom went through with my pregnancy when she was 40. I can definitely understand your apprehension with it. Glad it was just a scare.
    Georgette

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oh those pre-menopausal pregnancy scares........... eeeesh!! I was your age when my periods started doing weird things. I'd skip a period every 6 months for 2 years - then I'd skip one every 3 months for 2 years - then they just stopped. Sure glad to hear it was a happy outcome.

Likely Billy will go through some ups and downs for next year as he's figuring out this new phase of life. Its a big transition. Will he be living at home still?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow what a weekend!! Glad it was just a scare. Even at the age of 36 I think if freak out if I fell pregnant again!