Page 642 of 1131 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692742 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 11307

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 642

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    It's just my opinion - but I feel that word is the most base and vial word in the English language. I know that todays use of it isn't the same as 30 years ago --- but I still think its a word that needs too be purged from every mouth.
    Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I personally find the C word more coarse, but to each their own. I tend to focus on actions more than words and plenty of very well spoken people act like persons who should be purged.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Agreed, but I am making an effort to change people's minds about that one. I don't think it should be offensive to be referred to as a part of female anatomy. I realize that's not the intent behind the word, but when you break it down, it's pretty silly. I try to encourage people to be more creative than that.

Hulky and I usually resort to very basic and childish insults. People don't like to be told they're "mean."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I personally find the C word more coarse, but to each their own. I tend to focus on actions more than words and plenty of very well spoken people act like persons who should be purged.
    oh --- forgot about that word......... I would agree with you there. EEESH - nasty.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I use the F and C words respectively. I don't find anything wrong with either. I find the history of both words to be fascinating. I kind if follow the George Carlin School of Thought on words. Words are just words. It's the users intent behind the word that you have to worry about.
    Georgette

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I use the F and C words respectively. I don't find anything wrong with either. I find the history of both words to be fascinating. I kind if follow the George Carlin School of Thought on words. Words are just words. It's the users intent behind the word that you have to worry about.
    Yep. *nods*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I have a new toy...No, not that kind.

Earlier this week I bought my husband a NOOK HD+ for Father's Day. They were on sale for $150.00. Bill suggested I get myself one as an early Birthday present. So I did. I have the original nook that doesn't even have an interior light. This thing is a revelation.

I made the mistake of downloading Candy Crush Saga. Time suck! Levels 29 and 30 are killing me.
    Yes, I have finished all of my work for the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I have the original nook that I pre-ordered. It still works and I still use it.

I also use my Samsung Note phone when I need light.
    That thing has a huge screen and is plenty big for reading... bonus, I can use both the nook and kindle apps on it.
    Because for some reason not all books are available on nook. Grr.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    e-readers are awesome gadgets. I have a Kindle w/ a keyboard. I haven't been using it much this year...brain is shifting and I have little focus for even leisure reading. =\ But it's a dependable little thing. I doubt I'll bother upgrading unless it breaks. It has a case that makes it look like a slim hard-cover book, with a built-in light. The battery lasts for a month if I don't use the light!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am going to give my old nook to my middle son. My eldest has my Mom's. We are going to "highjack" Bill's nook color as a tablet for Kevin.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've seen those being used - but have never bothered to look into buying one. I don't read a lot............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.