Page 639 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296376386396406416496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 11832

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 639

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Oh, I meant to tell you! My mom has a Wonder Woman t-shirt from Old Navy. I don't know if they're currently being sold, but be on the lookout!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Rough Night

My husband has been pushing to get our son Kevin into a special autism program. He had met with a local psychologist and he thought they had agreed that Kevin should go to the special school she works with. We have Kevin's annual review on Thursday. I didn't want to walk in there and blindside them, so I told his teacher what we were thinking. (Let me say that I think the district is doing well with Kevin and that putting him in a special program is moving backwards. BUT I was going to back up my husband's plan and try it for a year.) Well, last night I received a call from the coordinator of elem.sp.ed. for the school district. She kindly informed me that the psychologist was not recommending the special program, but one of two programs within the district. I got to be the messenger...By the time he got home from work last night at 12:30am, he had worked himself up into an angry state. He was angry at me. He woke me up and started in on me. He said it was my fault for having told them. (Here's the thing, you cannot walk into one of these meetings 2 weeks before the end of school and drop a bomb. There has to be time to make the new plan.)
    He said, "I'm going in there Thursday loaded for bear and you'd better back me up." I told him that I would back him up even though I do not agree with the plan. 30 min later after I had fallen back into an exhausted sleep he said, "I'm not going to the meeting. You take care of it, sign all the papers and when our son ends up F'd up, it will be your fault." (I was kind of relieved to be honest. His confrontational attitude has made me uncomfortable many times in these meetings.)

PS, I binged in the evening after the call because I knew what was coming. We had a music awards event. I did fine for most of the meal, but as we were leaving, I grabbed some cookies and stuffed them into my mouth. I continued eating at home until I was exhausted and fell into bed like some drunk.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Hugs, P. very much wish I could do or say something to make things better.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh dear..I wish I had words of wisdom. I am here for you though..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Pebbles. That's awful.

I know your husband has good qualities, and there are reasons you love him.

But when I hear this, I want to bite his head off. This kind of abuse is beyond the pale. If he doesn't shape up, he may well find you shipping off when you can. Of course, he'll take it as one more incidence of the world and his wife out to get him. I had been hoping that the new job would lead to some mood lightening for him. Seems not. He's being a big poo-poo-head.

Sorry about the binge. I know you don't want to hurt yourself with bingeing. I guess it is better than what he chooses: hurting someone else. Remember that your kids need you, though, and get right back to healthiness today. You can do it!

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    ^What she said.

Love and hugs to you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

canio6 Guest
    *sighs* lovely.

You are right. It should not be this way. Your husband really needs to figure out a better outlet for his anger (or a way to deal with it completely) or he is going to lose the best thing in his life.

Hugs P.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Paula...... has your husbands behavior changed a LOT since 5 years ago? I hope you don't mind my probing..... how old is he? Has he had a physical with thorough blood tests recently? Often as men age their testosterone levels drop, this can cause moodiness and anger/aggression issues. It can make them apathetic and depressed as well. Have you noticed a change physically? Less muscle structure? Lower libido?

With the stresses of your life, plus his job struggles ---- if you add a low T into the mix it could really cause some problems!

Its always a good idea to have to good work up by a doc to see if personality changes are caused by chemical changes in our body.

If he's like most men and doesn't see the need to go to the doctor - tell him you both need to go in just for a baseline for your age. ???

Its worth a shot.

Don't worry about the binge............. You're making great progress. 5 steps forward 1 step back. That's momentum!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, He has been on testosterone therapy for about a year for very low T. He has also been suffering from depression. He and his doc are trying not to do meds. He needs to eat better and exercise.

Sabine, I think the new job will help his general feeling of well being, eventually. Right now it is just a stressful, brand new job.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. The best advice I can give is to be kind to yourself - love yourself and keep your body healthy. Sometimes that's about all we can do until the other person gets their stuff together.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation