Page 635 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 11147

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 635

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Inlaws Surprise visit with less than 24 hrs notice. MIL decided against the surgery at this time. The are leaving for FL in about a week as originally planned. My husband guilted his mother into coming. Long Story. So after my long day, I am setting up for the inlaws...again. They will be here around 8pm.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Inlaws Surprise visit with less than 24 hrs notice. MIL decided against the surgery at this time. The are leaving for FL in about a week as originally planned. My husband guilted his mother into coming. Long Story. So after my long day, I am setting up for the inlaws...again. They will be here around 8pm.
    Sounds like hubby needs to get his ass in gear as this is his doing. Sit back and relax in the tub while he gets things squared away.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOW.. a little notice would have been nice I am sure.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I hate it when that happens........... hope it all goes well and you can enjoy your time with them.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    You've made me happier about eating the rest of my daughters bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like hubby needs to get his ass in gear as this is his doing. Sit back and relax in the tub while he gets things squared away.
    Unfortunately, he was working all day and then went to meet his brother to pick them up.

Besides, one of my gifts is hospitality. Our house may be small, but I always, make sure my in laws are comfortable. Now they have suite to themselves downstairs. The bedroom is all set up for them. The bathroom is spotless with clean fluffy towels toiletries etc. (My Mom used to clean houses for wealthy families in the Hamptons. Thanks Mom.) The kitchen has breakfast and lunch supplies plus coffee is all set up to brew.

I am exhausted, but I feel good. I understand why my husband did what he did. My FIL loves our home. It is peaceful and our sons are awesome well mannered kids. The BILs home in Boston is very chaotic. Bill wanted to make sure his father got to spend time here before leaving. One of my FILs two surviving brothers lives near us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    WOW.. a little notice would have been nice I am sure.
    My real issue, which you will understand, is the volume of correcting I have to get done this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I hate it when that happens........... hope it all goes well and you can enjoy your time with them.
    Now that their room is ready, I can relax and enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    You've made me happier about eating the rest of my daughters bacon.
    You are making me want bacon too.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    At least you had SOME notice... my own father, with whom my relationship is not the best, almost always shows up out of the blue and completely unannounced.
    Once when I was in the middle of taking an online college class test... not the easy kind either. One requiring full paragraph answers and on a timer, the "make you sweat" kind.

Yeah.
    I had to apologize, leave my husband with him, go in my room close the door and just finish it.
    Later he acted as if I had insulted him, then let me know that he was basically using my house as a free hotel on his way somewhere else.
    But still... I always played gracious host.
    These days he might not be comfortable with the level of sharing furniture with my dog-chirren. That's sad. Not.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.