Page 624 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634674724 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 11058

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 624

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    A smile for today...My son Kevin keeps asking me to put on my Wonder Woman costume so we can play superheros.
    <3

As for the rest...WOOT WOOT! To hell with being coy, P; Flaunt it!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hooray for meeting goals! I hope you are obliging Kevin
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    How fun that your son wants to play :-) cute.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hooray for meeting goals! I hope you are obliging Kevin
    +1, a young man with discerning taste!

Good effort on the exercises, keep going.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The really amusing thing is that every time Kevin asks me to dress up, my 15 yr old, Mike, says "Please No!" He's was embarrassed, but he still took my "before" pics for me. "Mom" is not supposed to be wandering around in a WW costume.

Last night I watched some of Al Kavadlo's you tube videos with the older boys. I told them that I was working on body weight exercises and that I hoped to be strong like that some day. Mike & Billy were fascinated, but neither seemed interested in actually doing the exercises. So then I gave the challenge...I said "What happens when your Mom gets stronger than you."
    Mike, being 6ft plus and built like a line backer at age 15 said, "Not a Chance." with a big grin on his face.

Now there is a challenge for me!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Love all the improvements. So adorable that your son wants to play superheroes and typical that the 15 year old is opposed!

I know you didn't ask for it, so ignore my advice at your leisure, I will not be offended. But I would like to offer some advice from an outside, semi-objective view....I would like to suggest you wait to start the W30 for at least another 2 weeks. I think you need 3 weeks for each change to allow your body to adjust. You have only done the 5:2 for a week, the 666 for a few days, just started back on the amino acids, and less than a week since the last binge (I think, being on vaca messes with my concept of time and I could be off on anyone of those). I feel like you are just starting to heal and get things in order, and that throwing in another change like that is really asking a lot of you, your hormones, your body in general. The end, I won't mention it again.

Hope your boys have a safe and wonderful (as much as possible) trip.

Thank You for the advice. Everything you wrote was accurate except I have been on the aminos for 2 months.

W 30 for me is just dropping a few things I don't need anyway. I will up my coconut products to replace the dairy, make home made mayo, use ghee instead of butter and drop the stevia which tastes awful to me anyway.

The toughest part will be staying off the scale. UGH I will weigh and measure on Sat. and then let it go until July 1st.

W 30 for me is just dropping a few things I don't need anyway. I will up my coconut products to replace the dairy, make home made mayo, use ghee instead of butter and drop the stevia which tastes awful to me anyway.
    If this is all it is then great. In my mind the biggest danger of the W30 (or any other 'restricted' plan) is the obsession with foods you can't have. If you can keep the awesome attitude of "well, I didn't need it anyway" then I think it could be healthy and helpful. If it becomes, "It's day 17 and all I can think about is butter!!!1" then that sort of obsession can be counterproductive.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

My mind seems to have recently made a turn towards reaching that nirvana of optimal health. Meaning, I actually believe I can get to my healthy goal weight and cut my risks. My family history of cancer, heart disease, stroke etc. is pretty significant. Not to mention my own health issues. My attitude is in the right place for W30.

The Timing is also good. School is winding down, so my focus can turn strongly towards my own goals.

Hey, if it doesn't work out, you know I'll just keep on trying.

Hey, if it doesn't work out, you know I'll keep on trying.
    Oh, I have complete faith in you. You rock this stuff. We just worry because we care