Page 624 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 1245245746146226236246256266346747241124 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 11742

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 624

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love all the improvements. So adorable that your son wants to play superheroes and typical that the 15 year old is opposed!

I know you didn't ask for it, so ignore my advice at your leisure, I will not be offended. But I would like to offer some advice from an outside, semi-objective view....I would like to suggest you wait to start the W30 for at least another 2 weeks. I think you need 3 weeks for each change to allow your body to adjust. You have only done the 5:2 for a week, the 666 for a few days, just started back on the amino acids, and less than a week since the last binge (I think, being on vaca messes with my concept of time and I could be off on anyone of those). I feel like you are just starting to heal and get things in order, and that throwing in another change like that is really asking a lot of you, your hormones, your body in general. The end, I won't mention it again.

Hope your boys have a safe and wonderful (as much as possible) trip.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thank You for the advice. Everything you wrote was accurate except I have been on the aminos for 2 months.

W 30 for me is just dropping a few things I don't need anyway. I will up my coconut products to replace the dairy, make home made mayo, use ghee instead of butter and drop the stevia which tastes awful to me anyway.

The toughest part will be staying off the scale. UGH I will weigh and measure on Sat. and then let it go until July 1st.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    W 30 for me is just dropping a few things I don't need anyway. I will up my coconut products to replace the dairy, make home made mayo, use ghee instead of butter and drop the stevia which tastes awful to me anyway.
    If this is all it is then great. In my mind the biggest danger of the W30 (or any other 'restricted' plan) is the obsession with foods you can't have. If you can keep the awesome attitude of "well, I didn't need it anyway" then I think it could be healthy and helpful. If it becomes, "It's day 17 and all I can think about is butter!!!1" then that sort of obsession can be counterproductive.

My mind seems to have recently made a turn towards reaching that nirvana of optimal health. Meaning, I actually believe I can get to my healthy goal weight and cut my risks. My family history of cancer, heart disease, stroke etc. is pretty significant. Not to mention my own health issues. My attitude is in the right place for W30.

The Timing is also good. School is winding down, so my focus can turn strongly towards my own goals.

Hey, if it doesn't work out, you know I'll just keep on trying.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hey, if it doesn't work out, you know I'll keep on trying.
    Oh, I have complete faith in you. You rock this stuff. We just worry because we care

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ^+1 what he said!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm throwing a lot in the mix right now too....... starting whole30 (yesterday), and now looking at the elimination diet for Fructose Malabsorption (zero carbs for a couple weeks, then a slow re-introduction). But in reality they sorta work hand-in-hand. ALL of the things on the whole30 "NO" list are also on the FODMAPS "NO" list. The only thing different is the extreme cut of all carbs for the first 2 weeks to aid in bad bacteria die-off. Then I will add back in the approved veggies and fruits - ONE. AT. A. TIME!!! This will be a slow process. But I am determined to find the cause of my digestive issues. Heck............ maybe the digestive issues are the ROOT of my weight loss difficulties as well! Wouldn't that be an awesome thing to get healthy in my innerds ---- and thinner on my outerds? WIN WIN!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Weight the same as yesterday
    On the 5:2 protocol so far I have not experienced the weight upswing after up days. I've been either the same weight or down every day for the last 2 weeks except for the post binge day. I will weigh and measure tomorrow and then I will try not to do it again until July 1st. EEEK!

My son Billy took his placement exams for college. He received a perfect score on the English exam and placed into Pre Calculus for math. That is pretty good for a kid who stopped taking math 2 years ago after Trigonometry. The lady even suggested that he take a campus job as a math tutor. He hates math. Lol Billy feels really proud of himself and the reality of his graduation in a few weeks is hitting home in a good way.

My final exams start today. I cannot even tell you guys the ridiculous things we had to do with our tests to comply with the new state testing regulations. UGH!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-30-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Fair play on the weight and the boy, sounds like all is going well, apart from the not liking math bit! I appreciate it's hard, but dont fret about not touching the scale.

Good luck today, and this time I can't appreciate it!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the fun part of not weighing is that we'll all be surprised, hopefully pleasantly, together on 7/1. I have to admit that I use the scale # as a feel good or bad device. I also use it to gauge the severity of a binge, which is just sick.

One of my main W30 personal goals is no binging. That would be one hell of a victory.