Page 62 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364721121625621062 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 62

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I cannot find a single photo of it. DH and DS just backed up all the photos on the computer and now I can't find anything! It is hilarious. There is a time element too. Like maybe you have to shove them in the last 12 seconds of the year so that you have 12 months of good luck. I can't remember the details.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, It was a long week. TGIF. I can't wait for tomorrow. I am going to a genealogy workshop about research in the NY county where my Lucas family lived in the 1800's. I'm trying to break through a brick wall; I'm stuck at 1850, but want to go back further.

BTW MDA friends, I enjoy genealogy and have a subscription to Ancestry. I would be happy to look up census records (1930 and earlier) for you guys. If you are interested, PM me for more info.

My uncle has that, he has set up a "My Heritage" account and has gotten very far back. It is a cool site cause it is kind of 3D, and very interactive, and allows family members to add to it, so that we added my husband's family as well. It is very cool.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Yesterday, we went to the Rosendale International Pickle Festival. We picked up a ton of Primal pickled foods - Pickles, olives, mushrooms, beets, saurkraut etc. By the time we left, our backpack weighed about 80 lbs. It was my husband's 52nd birthday. He had a great time. Then we went home and had a pickled feast in addition to the roast duck and veggies he had chosen for his birthday dinner.

OMG!!! Yum. Love pickled foods. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a birthday.
    Chris
    Unknown

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Happy Belated Birthday to your Hubs!!!
    Georgette

So, I volunteered for the Staff Glee club at my school. We are making our singing debut tomorrow at the staff potluck. Somehow, I've ended up as the director because I have the pitch pipe and can keep time. I didn't want to take over. It isn't really my personality, but I have performed in an a capella group before. The organizer is more than happy to shove me into the lead. ARGH!

I'm really nervous. We are singing Winter Wonderland and Jingle Bell Rock.

wow, you have a staff glee club? How cool is that? Good Luck. (or am I supposed to say break a leg?)
    Chris
    Unknown

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    wow, you have a staff glee club? How cool is that? Good Luck. (or am I supposed to say break a leg?)
    Yep, break a leg
    Georgette

God, how do I get myself into these messes? Now I have to introduce the group between the songs. Here is my speech:

"Hi, We're the KHS Staff Glee club. We've only been together for a month and this is our 1st performance. So be kind. Colleen L. is our founder and this is all her idea. Our goal is to uplift and encourage the KHS community through song. On that note, here's how you can help us.

First, We are looking for a few good men. We had a few good men, but they made promises, led us on, then left us.

Second, We need a name. Some of the cleaner suggestions have been. The Catitudes, the Attitunes, the Outtatunes, the Tigertones, and my personal favorite, the Catatonics. We wanted The Pussycat Dolls...but that was already taken. (The KHS mascot is the Tiger)

So, if you would like to join our group...prerequisites, male or female, breathing, willing to make a fool of oneself, singing ability optional...,
    or if you have a name or song idea...Keep it PG please...Contact Colleen L.

Now please join us in singing Jingle Bell Rock - The lyrics can be found on your tables."
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-22-2011 at 09:57 AM.