Page 619 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 10865

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 619

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Finally, This morning I had rice cereal and almond milk as part of my breakfast. It felt decadent.
    Awesome
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I am on the side of the Perfect Health Diet where rice is concerned. I think that I can use it once in a while as a safe starch.

Does anyone have any experience with Al Kavadlo's exercise regimen? I know that he was part of the Convict Conditioning group, but has now put out 2 books of his own. I like the CC idea of progressions on 6 exercises.

If I go the way of Convict Conditioning, my husband might give me crap because he is a prison RN and deals with these guys on a daily basis. Silly, I know.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Al Kavadlo's exercise regimen? I know that he was part of the Convict Conditioning group, but has now put out 2 books of his own. I like the CC idea of progressions on 6 exercises.

If I go the way of Convict Conditioning, my husband might give me crap because he is a prison RN and deals with these guys on a daily basis. Silly, I know.
    I've watched his videos and he has good ones on starting pushups/pullups...body weight type stuff. Everything from low level to OMFG there is no way ever. He is also great about answering questions. So while I have no direct experience, my gut tells me they would be worthwhile. That said, drop him a line and ask him some questions. He'll square you away.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Nice singing, P! Loved it.

(I can't believe I was 7 pages behind!!!)

Loved the groupie talk too. Lots of laughs and smiles!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Good Things I am so happy tonight.

It was a rough week which started with my evaluation and continued with really intense daily review sessions with my students. All that while dealing with TTOM and a new eating plan, but I survived. More than that, I can say I did my best for myself and my students as we hit our last two weeks together.

In addition I ended the week healthier than I started, I am formulating some new workout plans for summer and I got to see new pics of one of my favorite MDA peeps. I love when we get to celebrate each other's success.

For the next three days, I plan to get my home ready for the in-law invasion. They are coming to us at the perfect time to help getting Kevin on the bus while Bill has his "hospital orientation" at his new job and they will get the chance to see Billy's last Band concert where they honor the seniors. Mike is in it too in both band and chorus. And of course, our littlest man will benefit greatly from Grandma and Poppy's visit. Since we lost Aunt Mary, Poppy's baby sister, time with them seems all the more precious.

Did I say BILL HAS A NEW JOB? Yeah, I know, I already told you guys. He passed his med, physical and drug tests and will start on June 3rd. It looks like this could mean serious financial relief if we can survive until mid June. My husband also says he feels his depression lifting. He has started talking about diet and exercise. He has seemed much lighter since the job offer came last week and even more so since he did all the final paperwork and tests.

I also got the professional video of the BOB performance which I will link here so that you can actually see what the band looked like instead of ghosts.

Happy Rant over...unless I think of something else.

I like Happy Rants! Woot Woot!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

A much clearer video/audio of our entire set at BOB with a lot of the awkward pauses cut out.
    BTW no one is obligated to watch it again.Lol
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-24-2013 at 04:49 PM.

very nice indeed!

Tomorrow, I am starting a new and exciting exercise venture. My questions about CC and Al K generated a lot of interesting info including this from Cori:

Fitness 666: Bodyweight 666

This is a free bodyweight progression program that has seven exercises. Push up, pull up, dip, hand stand push up, squat, core & plank.

I am starting tomorrow on his weight loss exercise plan. I am going to do the progressions on Sun, Tues & Thurs and cardio kick on M,W,Sa as my 35 + min cardio.

I will take a before pic tomorrow in gym clothes and then an after pic monthly. I hope to see some big changes in my muscles this summer.