Page 615 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 1155155656056136146156166176256657151115 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 615

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Band Glad you all are enjoying the vids. Kids keep coming up to me and saying "you were really good, but Mr. Avossa is a mic hog". I think they got the impression that he was a Diva because he forgot to introduce me with the band. He was our chosen MC and Lead singer on most of the songs. He is not a selfish person at all. Lol

5:2 Fast Diet Well, my first Up Day was way the F up. I binged. I am dealing with the aftermath of 10 days of Amoxicillin (Candida overgrowth) and TTOM started too, so not surprised. It is a good thing that today is a Down Day because I forgot to set my alarm. No time to make food. I did get 1.5 hrs extra sleep. Feeling great this morning so hopefully no binge later.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, regarding the food, I will tell you that I have had weekends that were less than stellar as far as quality of food goes and of course they were also high quantity as well. And my weekends are 3 days! And they have not derailed me. As long as you don't let guilt cloud your thoughts, and you have planned for the day. You will do well. Note that most people, even those who have done real fasts in the past, have trouble with either the first few, or they do well to start then suddenly for no apparent reason have a few about a month in that get hard. Just keep working it and it will work for you.

Today is a down day for me as well. Dinner tonight...lovely cod fillet and a huge salad.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    LOVE the videos!! It looks like so much fun!!

About the food and binging.. remember, you are just starting and learning. We are in the same boat
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Awesome show! Any chance your band would be willing to get together now and then to jam? Sounds like it could be a really great hobby for you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Probably not, The bassist already has his own band. We may reunite next year. This was the first BOB in 10 years at my HS.
    I'll have to find my own group to jam with. I have thought of advertising in my local paper "Female singer seeking band", but not sure how to word it properly. I need to make my age group clear. I don't want to field inquiries from teens and 20 somethings.

It is funny, a Pat Benetar song, though I sang it well, is not the best choice for my voice. Jazz or Pop would likely be better. Ooooh disco. I picture being a member of a Jazz ensemble that breaks into Chic, Donna Summer or Cool and the Gang songs on a whim.

ARGHH!!! Jealousy is such an ugly emotion. But I am in a music town, it would be soooo cool to be able to sing.

If it is any consolation, I couldn't make it in your town. I much prefer my little end of the world where I can be a big fish in a little community.

I think the thing that shocked people was more the stage presence. I am known as that "nice" Spanish teacher. LOL, Boy did I blow some minds.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I remember back in high school, before my voice changed and went south big time, I was told by our choir director that I have amazing stage presence. He said that I looked more comfortable on stage than most professionals.
    Georgette

I love being the center of positive attention, my talents do not tend to give me that very often.

I do live in a town of wanna be's though! The good thing about it is that there are also opportunities for so many. I am sure you would find a home for your voice here. We have more than a few bands that are made up of doctors from various hospitals, and teachers, and whatever. It is very easy to get pretty good live music for just about anything at a pretty reasonable price.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My Fast Day was a success! I did a total fast until dinner, then had 4-5oz of chicken and a salad with OO&V plus half an avocado.
    Today I just have to make sure that I eat enough. I'm so used to eating 1400-1600 cals, getting up over 2000 may take some effort.

Suddenly this week it hit me that I only have three more weeks with my students. Frankly, I am a little sad. My students were awesome this year. It was the rest of the BS I could have done without.