Page 61 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 61

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, I love being hit on. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings especially here at work. So the ring can help send a signal.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hopefully, wearing my ring will help with the incidental meetings without having to change my personality. Did you go buy a ring this weekend or are you going to wait for Christmas? What you said about your :"stall" is very intriguing to me.
    Didn't get the ring yet. My hubby hates shopping and I view it as a chore to be conquered as well, so it's easy for us to have a "gonna buy someday soon" list. This weekend we were ordering new furniture and then I wanted to get some new shoes. That was more time spent shopping than I usually do in a month as I spent about 2 hrs in the shoe store (why do shoes always feel good in the store and bad once you get them home?). I'm thinking about running to a goldsmith shop nearby today when my teenager gets home from school so that I can go w/o the little monster. I may just have him wrap the box for me because I hate this plateau and it's the silliest of things that trick our subconsious!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    He could always have stuff shipped in.
    No worries there. He's not that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    no worries there. He's not that smart.
    lol

I am happy to report today that I have one week of clean eating under my belt. This is significant because since my primalversary on sept 24th, I have not strung together more than 3 clean days.

Sadly, although I hit 210 on 9/24, my poor eating for six weeks has caused my body to hover at 215. I can live with that, but I don't have to be happy about it. :P

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Congrats with the clean eating! I have been struggling with eating clean a lot this fall and am challenging myself this month until Thanksgiving. So far, just some minor encounters with sugar.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Good Job Nameless!

I am challenging myself to eating clean through the holidays. But if I do that, what happens on Jan 1st? Maybe I should set a reward if I make it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My reward will be eating junk on Thanksgiving and Christmas, if I want. Not sure about New Years (I think I'll be going to a party with a lot of drinking and I really don't like drinking much lately). I'll figure it out from there, but ideally I want this to become the norm, with only occasional (once every few weeks) wheaty or sugary indulgences.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I think I am still too new in the process to feel the need to indulge yet. I will admit that we do Thanksgiving at my house, just the immediate family. And while I will make everyone's favorites, because it is all stuff I make yearly and could make when ever I want it does not call to me. Christmas eve is the same. Christmas day this year is a travel day (we spend the week with friends at the beach) as is New Year's Day. New Year's Eve is spent with family, so a glass of champagne and stuffing as many grapes as you can into your mouth at midnight is our big indulgence. I have no idea where that tradition came from, but you end up spitting the grapes out because it is too many to chew and swallow anyway! We spend the week cooking and eating from the fresh seafood market and the farmer's market. So healthy stuff.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris, I would love to see pictures of that tradition.

This year we will be away for all of the holidays. I am going to make sure my favorite xmas and new year's eve Primal stuff is available at my inlaws. I'll buy some gluten free cookies for the kids as there will be no time for baking. Thanksgiving is at someone else's house, so I can leave all the food there.