Page 605 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 1055055555956036046056066076156557051105 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 605

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Great pics and aspirations for the young man!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    He had no interest in Prom.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Aw, well, not everybody does. What kind of stuff are they doing in Boston? Or is it "Run wild and be back by X-o'clock"?

I wanted to say, I'm very glad that things are looking up for him right now. I know you were pretty worried about him (and probably still are, because you're a mom ). I hope he's feeling better about his future as he nears graduation!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I wanted to say, I'm very glad that things are looking up for him right now. I know you were pretty worried about him (and probably still are, because you're a mom ). I hope he's feeling better about his future as he nears graduation!
    Ditto.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ^me three!

I totally get the worries about sending him off. Once mine are actually away, I sort of stop the excessive worrying, but the lead up is brutal on me.

My son wasn't interested in Prom either. He would have had to get his driver's license earlier than he wanted to (he is putting it off so that the insurance - he has to pay- will be cheaper) and the tickets were $50 each. I suspect he was leery of asking anyone as well.

Yes, something changed for him in the last few months.

In Boston, they will visit Fanuil Hall and the Aquarium, then a dinner/dance cruise around Boston Harbor. The second day will be spent at Six Flags.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes, something changed for him in the last few months.

In Boston, they will visit Fanuil Hall and the Aquarium, then a dinner/dance cruise around Boston Harbor. The second day will be spent at Six Flags.
    That sounds awesome. Faneuil Hall is kind of quintessential Boston, the Aquarium is very nice, and man I am jealous because I've been wanting to do one of those dinner/dance cruises in the Harbor . I think Hulky would be down for it, but it's definitely a splurge. Oh yeah, Six Flags is fun too, if you're into that kind of thing . Last time Hulky and I tried to go, every damn ride closed for maintenance as we approached. We should've asked for a refund after trying to get onto rides for 3 hours, but we were too mad haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I think that once the decision is made the stress is drastically reduced. Once my son picked his college he was able to go into "get it done" mode instead of "what if" mode, giving him more of a sense of control over the uncertainty. He has been a much happier camper.

The trip sounds fantastic!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The Boston trip sounds exciting. Glad to hear your son has finally made his decision on what to do for the future.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, I forgot to tell you...Bill was offered the job he interviewed for in 5/8. It is a per diem RN position in the mental health ward at a big hospital in a nearby city. They are so strapped for workers that he will likely be able to work as much as he wants. He starts June 3rd with a week of orientation.