Page 600 of 996 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 9953

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 600

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, no, P. Hope you are feeling better!!!

Can I ask you an unrelated question? Are you still taking the amino acids? Do you think they are doing anything positive?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I slept okay last night and everything feels slightly better. My throat is horribly painful. They came me a prescription for lidocaine gel, But I have to be careful that I don't get it in my lower throat. It could cause choking.

I got up at 6am took my antibiotic and muscle relaxer and dozed on the couch until 10am. So sleepy.

I am able to walk upright today with a limp. It needs to be much better by Monday.

Today, I have eaten greek yogurt with berries and some pulled pork. I have to remember that sugar will not help me feel better
    in the long run.

Ruth, Yes to the aminos. I love them.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Paula- true about the sugar but it sounds like you are off to a good start today. Keep the momentum and the self talk. Glad you can walk now. Get some more rest today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My husband drove to Delaware early this morning to go say goodbye to his Aunt. He made sure that I was ok with this before he left. I am ok with it, but scared and lonely too. With my throat so sore and halfway closed up, I feel panicky. Anything that inhibits my breathing freaks me out. The good news is that there seems to be some improvement in the swelling even from this morning.

In truth, this whole situation has upset me. If I didn't have my husband yesterday, I never would have gotten to the Dr. and gotten the care I needed. It is so scary how our bodies can betray us. I feel weak and helpless at the moment and I hate it.

This is why it is essential that I not eat sugar or wheat today. Eating junk would just add to the crazy feelings. I did have a few bad things yesterday in addition to the ice cream. This morning my inner voice was demanding more junk, but I resisted.

Maybe tomorrow I can accomplish a few things around the house. My boys have been great, taking care of their brother, cleaning and washing dishes.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    too bad you don't have a CPAP machine around pushing the air down your throat would give you a bit of comfort I bet. I am sure I would feel a bit panicky about the breathing thing as well.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Feel better soon Paula!! Throat infections are just horrible horrible things!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    How are you feeling today???

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hope you had a great night's sleep and are starting to feel yourself again.

Happy Mothers Day
    I got a very good night's sleep and my throat and leg are both better. I will not be able to take the muscle relaxer during the work day because it makes me sleepy. I was dozing on the couch this morning after taking it.

The stress of this event has set off some bad things. What I noticed is that I am having the symptoms of irregular heart rate that I had as part of my adrenal crash last year. As I start to fall asleep, my heart rate dives from the 70s into the 50s. Then I wake with a start. This is a type of apnea and can be extremely dangerous.

I have been very flippant about the fact that I take coumadin and that keeping my clotting factors level between 2-3 is essential. If I go below 2 by eating too much, I could make clots. If then I clean up my act and go too high, the clots could break off and kill me. This makes my binging especially dangerous. I will be ordering my own blood monitor and checking once a week at least.

This brings me to nutrition. As much as I love lchf and fasting, I think that for now I will go with the even balance of macros. Carbs 50-100, protein 75 to 100, fat 100ish. I need to be eating some vegetables. When I have my monitor, I can try some fasts or lchf days and adjust my coumadin intake accordingly.

Sadly, I have to give up on the weight loss goal for now. I will have to stop weighing.
    My health is at stake. Being so debilitated scared me. How is it related to nutrition you ask? It was only 2 weeks ago that I had my horrible binge week. Mark wrote an article in June 2008 about binging and how it debilitates your immune system. I binge about every 2 weeks, so my immune system never recovers. I likely got the infection due to weakened immunity. I pulled my groin muscle by tossing around in bed trying to find a comfortable position because my ear hurt so much.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-...#axzz2T62JgFAj