Page 60 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162701101605601060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 60

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    but who wants to go through life acting like a bitch? really, it seems that's the only option left: either be nice or be a bitch. there have been times that i've had *that* feeling that someone was misconstruing my meaning, and i had to be a little cold. i hate doing that.

marcadav- how awkward. what did you do?
    Agreed. I don't think I even have it in me.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I told him I was in the middle of something and needed to get back to it. Since then I have either gone to the door with cell phone in hand or not answered the door. My hope is-- when the growing season is over, he wont have any reason to come over.
    He could always have stuff shipped in.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    It's so funny to hear your stories as they sound so similar to some of mine. I will talk to guys and be friendly and only after do I hear my friend's voice in my mind saying "you know he probably thought you were hitting on him"! I had a guy help me with my groceries in a parking lot recently - he was really friendly. Afterwards, I realized he was probably hitting on me but didn't pull the trigger. I was grateful to not have that freaked out feeling but realize that he may have been interested. The place this always seems wierd to me is with friend's husbands. One of the Moms in our playgroup has a hotty fireman hubby who's a really nice guy - easy to talk to. I bet he gets hit on a lot. I would hate to have to start acting cold to people to not have guys get the wrong idea or worse, ruin a friendship over some silly misunderstanding.
    Hopefully, wearing my ring will help with the incidental meetings without having to change my personality. Did you go buy a ring this weekend or are you going to wait for Christmas? What you said about your :"stall" is very intriguing to me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I had a stalker for years, so I tend to think more along the predator lines than on the he wants to "pick me up" lines.

I noticed not long ago though that when I was single, many of my off the cuff remarks tended toward light double entendre. Now that I am married, that never happens except with DH. I am an extremely friendly, outgoing, gregarious personality, but not had the problem of men coming on to me in years. We will see what happens as I get thinner and feel sexier. I was single until I met Dh when I was 30, though so I do have a decent amount of experience chatting up guys and vice versa, although it has been 20+ years.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

A stalker sounds scary. I have a real problem with the double entendre. It amuses me and things like that pop into my head often. But I only share those kind of thoughts with my husband and one good friend.

The really scary part about the stalker, is that he took my picture when I was out one night at a street party downtown Orlando. I told my sister and she was like "you are so conceited, you always think everyone is looking at you". So I was like, yeah she might be right. Then that summer I moved to the beach, New Smyrna, for 6 months, then I moved to Gainesville to go back to school. So one day I am sitting in the lobby at work with a co-worker (I was a hairdresser putiing myself through school) and this guy walks in and says he is a professional photographer and wanted to know if he could use me as a model, I was like no thanks. So he says well let me show you some photos of my photos. And he lays out about 10 photos, they are from that night at the street party, and one of them is of me. My co-worker freaked out. He was like listen buddy you need to move along. And the co-worker kept wanting me to bunk at his place because I lived alone. And then about a week later, the guy crosses my path, literally, as I am walking on campus to get to class. So I give him a defiant I will kill you look and keep moving, refusing to show fear. Then had a scare about a week later where the lights in my condo went out. That was it, I bunked in the co-workers spare room for a while!

A few weeks later I met my future Dh and ended up moving in with him and never saw the stalker again. Still freaks me out though
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

yeah, it wigs me out if I think about it too much.
    Chris
    Unknown

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    HEY!! I'm a hottie fireman's wife! Careful, there.

As far as getting hit on, take it as a compliment. Getting hit on and having it acted on are two totally separate things. The signals you send back will determine what happens next. My hubby doesn't wear a wedding ring. He has gotten hit on and it totally embarasses him. I think it is cute that it makes him so uncomfortable. Someone else told him once that they could tell he was married by his happily married vibes he was sending out.

You can be friendly to people and if someone misconstrues it there are nice ways of letting them know that they read it wrong or you are not interested in that way.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 11-14-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, I love being hit on. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings especially here at work. So the ring can help send a signal.