Page 6 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 4567816561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 6

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, I am officially declaring victory. I have been 30 days without a binge. Today I weighed and have hit a new low. I have not been in the 230's since before my first child was born 16 years ago. I am psyched.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Good on you Paula, that is awesome news indeed!!

Thoughts on Supplements I never thought I would be one of those people who takes a ton of supplements, but as I have spent time here in MDA I have added more and more to my regimen. Surprisingly, they all seem to be not only needed, but effective.

So Here's my list with the reasons why I take them.

Centrum Multi to cover many bases.

B Complex for many reasons, look it up.

8000iu vitamin D because Cillicat said so.

1000mg Calciumto help with D absorbtion and bone strength.

1300mg Evening Primrose oil for PMS symptoms.

2000mg omega 3to offset omega 6 consumption.

500mg Chromium Picolinate for better insulin control and lowered carb cravings

450mg Magnesium for regularity and sleep. I use Natural Calm. Big difference from the 1000mg Mag oxide I used to take. Faster absorption and more effective.

180mg Potassium for electrolyte balance and leg cramps.

4000 mg Vitamin Ccause it helps the body heal itself.

Amino Acids l-tyrosine 200mg for energy, 5htp 200mg for seratonin production, l-glutamine for carb cravings.

I may cut some of these down as my body heals, but for now I am seeing great results with this plan. I just hope I don't have to add anymore. My morning vitamins are like a meal in themselves.lol Oh no, I think I need a probiotic. (I now take a probiotic as well.)
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-15-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Added /changed supps.

Thoughts on Lifting Heavy Things

I have to admit it, I have become a gym rat. I joined my small town gym on April 15th 2010 at nearly my highest weight ever. When I walked in the first time, I was perfectly ready to run out again just as soon as someone made the fat girl feel unwelcome. It never happened. I am in love with my gym and all the people who work and work out there.

I started with a simple 5 machine full body circuit that the owner showed me, then about three months in I saw a trainer and started doing upper body/lower body days. Recently I realized I was in a rut, same moves, same weight week in and week out. I confessed this to a friend who works there. He said he would show me what to do if I wanted to make changes. Well, this week I am sore. I have started isolating body parts 3-4 days a week and increasing my weight a lot. It's funny, the pain feels right, as if my body is saying "Finally she's doing some work!"

I feel so alive, so strong and I am grateful.

Yesterday was teacher training day. Two dear friends of mine that work in other schools asked me to lunch. They were getting pizza, so I went along thinking I would get a salad. I got there and saw that there was only pizza. Wonderful loaded gourmet pizza. So...I ordered two veggie filled slices and just ate the top. It was great! I probably got a small amount of crust with the cheese, but I am proud that I handled a real life food situation so well.

Tuesday Check in: 40 pounds Lost!

Weight -3.6
    BF% 39.4 -1%
    BMI 34.2 -1
    Waist 35
    Bust 41
    Hips 47 -1
    Arms 15
    Thigh 27 -1
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-22-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Please could you tell me how much L-glutamine you take and when? I'm taking it for gut healing but thinking if spreading the dose through the day I might get the anti-craving effect as well?
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Please could you tell me how much L-glutamine you take and when? I'm taking it for gut healing but thinking if spreading the dose through the day I might get the anti-craving effect as well?
    Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply. I am taking one teaspoon of l-glutamine powder under the tongue in the afternoon. If I were to spread it out I might try mid morning mid afternoon. It seems to help with cravings pretty quickly because it gives your brain something to burn.

I lost three more pounds this week and one inch.

I have a goal of 50 pounds by April 15th which is the anniversary of my joining my local gym. BUT...If I don't get there by that day, I know that I will get there soon enough.

Cool

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks. Everything is going well. I'm eating cleanly and working hard at the gym. I have added weekly sprints and have been doing an Intermittent Fast once a week.

I did not check in with stats last week because it was "that week" and my body put weight loss on hold.

I think I will lose this week. Weight and body measurements are tomorrow. I won't reach my 50 pound goal by the 15th, but 45 is nothing to be ashamed of.