Page 595 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 954955455855935945955965976056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 11032

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 595

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    See, who needs a help desk??? lol
    lol. Well played.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So sorry to hear this..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Aunt Mary is on a morphine drip and heavily sedated. They expect that she has less than 2 weeks. Still, Bill hopes to get down to DE to say goodbye. Aunt Mary, the only daughter out of six Irish siblings, was the family elder caretaker and the second Mom to all the kids. My husband feels terribly guilty that we did not get down to see her last summer. I hope he can let go of that.

In brighter news, Bill had an interview at a hospital yesterday. The HR lady asked him to keep the first week in June open. (New Nurse orientation) The job is in the Mental Health Unit. The Head nurse really liked his particular credentials and experience. One of his nursing school buddies recommended him.

WT. 219.1 Today will be my first official IF/DD. I am drinking only non caloric beverages until mid afternoon, then I will have a meal of about 500 cals. I would eventually like to do 2 of these/week.

All Star Band Practice today. We chose a name...Keep Your Day Job

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Great news on the hubs job front. How is he feeling about it? I hope he can get to DE soon.

I am interested in hearing about how the DD's go for you. I am rooting for you!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    P - I hope you know that I'm one of your biggest supporters (and a friend). I ask that you take a lot of care and really watch JUDDD/5:2. On the JUDDD board, there is a decent amount of discussion of UD/DD either causing binging behavior or significantly worsening things for those already with a problem. As much as we'd all like to lose weight (and I'm right there with you in terms of being willing to try almost anything!!!!), it is not worth your overall health.

So very sorry about DH's aunt. Yeah for the job interview. I will say a prayer for him. [I have found that professionally, who you know if often as important as what you know, for better or for worse.]

Thanks Ruth,

I'm not actually doing JUDDD. I am just doing a 20 hr IF day with 1 small meal. Tomorrow will be a regular lchf day which will be about 1400 cals. I guess I am doing lchf with an overall lowering of calories. When I do regular Primal days, calories will be higher.

I haven't stopped binging no matter what I have tried so this is just something different.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Your experimentation and determination to find what works best for you is amazing. You're an inspiration P
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    In brighter news, Bill had an interview at a hospital yesterday. The HR lady asked him to keep the first week in June open. (New Nurse orientation) The job is in the Mental Health Unit. The Head nurse really liked his particular credentials and experience. One of his nursing school buddies recommended him.

All Star Band Practice today. We chose a name...Keep Your Day Job
    I LOVE the name of the band! Great name. lol

Bill: I'm glad he's finally gotten a hit in the job hunt. Hopefully that'll boost self-esteem and help the two of you appreciate each other that much more. Your husband and mine have a lot in common and we have a lot of up days and down days as a result. Hopefully this new job interest will create more up days for you guys.

I also wanted to say thanks for the support on my journal this morning. It really means a lot to know I have friends out there, even if they're hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    love the band name!

fingers crossed for the hubs job. And yes that he can let go of the guilt for not visiting last summer and make it to DE soon!

My suggestion (unsolicited, so it is worth what you paid for it) is that tomorrow you not limit your calories, but work hard to mindfully eat lchf and stop when satisfied. Then you can go back to calorie counting the next day. I find that the day after a successful dd I am more aware of hunger and less afraid of it, so it is a good day to experience feeding the hunger so to speak. But yes the day after that is a dangerous one. rooting for you!

I cannot believe how clear headed I am on fast days. I am plowing through my work and my mental state is excellent. I am tempted to see if it would be possible to do a full day fast.