Page 594 of 996 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604644694 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 9959

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 594

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My husband's beloved Aunt is being put into home Hospice care. She was winning her battle with cancer, we thought, but has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. I first met the rest of Bill's family at her house for Thanksgiving about a month after meeting Bill's parents and siblings. So I have known her and her family for over 20 years. We kept up the tradition of Thanksgiving at Aunt Mary's house up until about 10 years ago when we all moved off Long Island. My husband plans to go down to say good bye. The family has asked that visitors be limited.

Of course this brings up some tough memories for me. I sent a message of love and support to her daughter Stephanie, with whom I have been very close. God, I know what this torment is like.

God Bless You, Aunt Mary.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    So sorry to hear that pebbles. Very sad for your family.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    hugs to you, your husband, and the rest of the family.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sad news. I am thinking of you and your family.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Hugs to you and your family. Hospice will take good care of her. It's in God's hands now.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Pebbles............. we would like to never see anyone go, but we all have our days numbered don't we? I hope her passing is quick and peaceful. God bless you and your family during this time.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My heart aches for you. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. Thoughts, prayers, and hugs.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    So sorry to hear about Bill's Aunt Mary. I hope her transition is painless. Hospice does amazing things for both the patient and the families. Hugs to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have chosen to listen to my body. Over the weekend, the extra carbs just felt forced, not enjoyable anymore. I am on Day 2 of lchf. I am beginning to think that I have different needs at different times of my cycle. The plan for the moment is to continue lchf until I start to hear the binge "voice" during my PMS week. Then I will add at least 2 servings of starch plus berries daily until the end of my period, when I sense the desire to drop carbs again. Luckily my cycle is super predictable. The super high fructose fruits were fun, but they kept my FBS too high. They will be a once in a while treat.

There was a guy who posted in the Before and After thread that he lost 50+lbs by deliberately cycling lchf, reg primal and IF days. His theory was that Grok would have had fat days, lean days and starvation days. I may throw in some Down Days too. Just to keep things interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    you may be really on to something P. Document well because this might be publishable.
    I agree that you might be onto something there. Great discovery and I can't wait to hear how it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hi P, just dropping in to say hello. Of course, work is blocking out the dress pic. F*ckers. I hope all is well with you. Take care
    Canio, when she has a pic posted, at the bottom of my screen is a box with a button to click that says "Show content". Do you have that? It's like an Internet Explorer warning message that shows up at the bottom of the screen where the "Open, save, cancel" buttons appear when downloading a doc. I can see her pics when I click this button, maybe it'll work for you too? I figure our machines can't be that different since we both work for the same organization.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Canio, when she has a pic posted, at the bottom of my screen is a box with a button to click that says "Show content". Do you have that? It's like an Internet Explorer warning message that shows up at the bottom of the screen where the "Open, save, cancel" buttons appear when downloading a doc. I can see her pics when I click this button, maybe it'll work for you too? I figure our machines can't be that different since we both work for the same organization.
    Well, wonder of wonders, that worked. Thanks Jenn. And P...damn, you are looking absolutely amazing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, wonder of wonders, that worked. Thanks Jenn. And P...damn, you are looking absolutely amazing.
    See, who needs a help desk??? lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)