Page 593 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 10857

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 593

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    221.2 up .5

Went to the Lifebridge Sanctuary retreat center to see my friend Ann sing. Several years ago she formed a duo with a piano man. They do jazz, bosso nova, contemporary. The setting and music were beautiful, and I saw some old friends. Sadly, I was in a poor mental state and so did not enjoy it as much as I should. Today is a new day.

Here is a picture of the Catskill Mountains as seen from the venue.

***Sorry pic won't load. Will add later when I get to a better service area.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I certainly do love that area of the world. I lived in the Berkshires as well for almost a year and OMG that was so beautiful!!!!

Hope you're feeling better mentally tmrw!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member

Yesterday was a much better day mentally. Not sure what happened Sunday. Sunday evening is always rough because I feel as if all of my problems at work and at home come crashing down on me again.

I have chosen to listen to my body. Over the weekend, the extra carbs just felt forced, not enjoyable anymore. I am on Day 2 of lchf. I am beginning to think that I have different needs at different times of my cycle. The plan for the moment is to continue lchf until I start to hear the binge "voice" during my PMS week. Then I will add at least 2 servings of starch plus berries daily until the end of my period, when I sense the desire to drop carbs again. Luckily my cycle is super predictable. The super high fructose fruits were fun, but they kept my FBS too high. They will be a once in a while treat.

There was a guy who posted in the Before and After thread that he lost 50+lbs by deliberately cycling lchf, reg primal and IF days. His theory was that Grok would have had fat days, lean days and starvation days. I may throw in some Down Days too. Just to keep things interesting.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Yesterday was a much better day mentally. Not sure what happened Sunday. Sunday evening is always rough because I feel as if all of my problems at work and at home come crashing down on me again.

I have chosen to listen to my body. Over the weekend, the extra carbs just felt forced, not enjoyable anymore. I am on Day 2 of lchf. I am beginning to think that I have different needs at different times of my cycle. The plan for the moment is to continue lchf until I start to hear the binge "voice" during my PMS week. Then I will add at least 2 servings of starch plus berries daily until the end of my period, when I sense the desire to drop carbs again. Luckily my cycle is super predictable. The super high fructose fruits were fun, but they kept my FBS too high. They will be a once in a while treat.

There was a guy who posted in the Before and After thread that he lost 50+lbs by deliberately cycling lchf, reg primal and IF days. His theory was that Grok would have had fat days, lean days and starvation days. I may throw in some Down Days too. Just to keep things interesting.
    Variety is the spice of life they say.....

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing pretty much the same type of cycling, but unplanned mostly. Well the lower calorie days are planned but what I eat on the other days is highly variable and unplanned. Of course I am still at the very beginning of this particular part of my N=1 experiment so we shall see how well it works, but so far it is at least way less stressful!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I think matching your macros to your cycle sounds like a great idea. It makes sense that different things might work depending on your hormones.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    you may be really on to something P. Document well because this might be publishable.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    No one ever said we only had to do ONE plan at a time

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    You look gorgeous!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hi P, just dropping in to say hello. Of course, work is blocking out the dress pic. F*ckers. I hope all is well with you. Take care
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony