Page 592 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 924925425825905915925935946026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 11055

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 592

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I get what you are saying, Paula. It is hard. We want weight loss -- and we want it NOW. There's also a lot of uncertainty in the process. If someone told me, 'hey, stay the course, you will weight 150 by December, but the bounces will be crazy', I'd be okay, because I knew the ending outcome. Since I don't, I'm always playing mind games. Maybe "xyz" will work. Paula lost 10 lb last week trying that.

I also get needing the scale. I can hide a lot of weight just by wearing dresses. Yeah, my clothes still fit...but most of my dresses don't cinch right across the weight line, where I gain weight. The scale obviously isn't perfect, but it is one form of measurement. Also, I got up to 240 by not weighing. Yeah, I knew I was gaining weight, but I sure didn't know it was that bad. I was convinced that clothing sizes were getting smaller, not bigger.

I'm glad you made the decision to stay. Not because I think there is anything wrong with LCHF -- you've had great success with that -- but because 1) your mood/health is the most important; and 2) I don't think 3 days at the same weight is deterministic of a problem -- the body needs some time to adjust (if I recall, you had such an issue last month, and then a nice "woosh").

Have a GREAT day. Is the animal sanctuary like a zoo?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    219.7 same last 3 days.

Our minds are odd things. My body has stopped temporarily at 219.7. For a few days in April, I was at 215.8. This 4 pound difference subconsciously bugs me. I can see that my body is changing. I look much thinner than I actually am, but still, my mind tries to play tricks on me.

This morning I got up, weighed and started making my breakfast. My thoughts were racing. "Maybe I should do a few days of lchf" "I have Battle of the Bands in 2 weeks" "I still have 45 lbs to lose" "OK for the next 2 weeks lchf" "Oh but I feel so good on 100g carb" "Maybe just lchf today"

In the end, I had my fruit with breakfast. I am going to stay the course, because for me It is more important to be mentally healthy and not binge. I have been so contented in the last week, I'm not willing to give that up for more deprivation and possibly faster weight loss. Besides the weight would be half water.

I'm sure a lot of you are going to say, "Stop Weighing". I get that. But my purpose in writing this down is to show how our minds have so much power over our sense of well being. Today I beat my mind into submission.

Today, the animal sanctuary & lunch with my family. Then I am going to a concert of an old friend. Have a great day.
    Smart. I agree with Ruth, its hard not to demand this change NOW. I like you are staying the course.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Well...The proposition by the groundskeeper was inspired by the neck line of the goddess dress I wore to school yesterday. He texted me, "That dress does funny things to my imagination". One of the older female teachers in my school told me I looked like a model.
    Here is a really bad self taken bathroom pic. For the pic, I took off the white jacket I was wearing over the dress. Without jacket, a little too much for school.

woo hooo! nice pic!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    "Daylight, alright
    I don't know, I don't know if it's real
    Been a long night and something ain't right
    You won't show, you won't show how you feel

No time ever seems right
    To talk about the reasons why you and I fight
    It's high time to draw the line
    Put an end to this game before it's too late

Head games! It's you and me, baby
    Head games, and I can't take it any more
    Head games, I don't want to play the
    Head games

I daydream for hours it seems
    I keep thinkin' of you, yeah, thinkin' of you
    These daydreams, what do they mean?
    They keep haunting me, are they warning me?

Daylight turns into night
    We try and find the answer but it's nowhere in sight

It's always the same and you know who's to blame
    You know what I'm sayin', still we keep on playin'

Head games, that's all I get from you
    Head games, and I can't take it anymore
    Head games, don't want to play the
    Head games

So near so far away
    We pass each other by 'cause we don't know what to say
    It's so clear, I'm sorry to say
    But if you wanna win you got to learn how to play

Head games..."

I think your bingeing is like a manipulative partner in a dsyfunctional relationship. I'm glad you are doing what you can to stay on top of it, but, boy, it is really messing you over. Wish we could take it out in a dark alley and do some serious beating until it got the message "to LEAVE YOU ALONE, don't talk to Pebbles NO MORE!"

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. It is certainly the same voice that tells me to binge that tells me I'm fat to get me to change my program. Thanks Sabine.

The animal sanctuary was cool. Of course there was heavy veg and vegan propaganda in the tour speech. Gift shop full of that sort of rhetoric.

what kind of animal sanctuary is it?
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    They take in abandoned and abused farm animals.

ahhh i see now
    Karin

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Helen, I use the hard boiled eggs and then add fats and other things separately.
    Thank you!!!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Oh I love that dress! And no wonder at all you're getting attention in it. You look lovely!