Page 591 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 914915415815895905915925936016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 11312

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 591

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOVE the dress¡ You look very nice! Your waist looks so small!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    you are hot woman! No wonder they are after you
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    TMI Spring is in the air. Primal has gotten me a lot of notice by the opposite sex. This past week two young bucks (both 30ish) that I have jokingly flirted with propositioned me. It went something like, "You are beautiful. If you ever want to, I am willing". One would be shocking, but two in the same week? Wild stuff.
    YOU GO GIRL! (*jealous!!!! I can't remember the last time a man flirted with me! UGH.............. sigh!)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I practiced my Band tunes today including dance moves. for an hour. What a workout!

Going to my sons' Drama Club event tonight.

Had a nice day. We did cake and gifts with Kevin for his 9th birthday. Tomorrow, we are taking him to the Catskill Animal Sanctuary. Then out for pizza. No cake or pizza for me and i'm ok with that.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I'm totally confused with fitday.com. It doesn't even have scrambled eggs? Well I lie it does, with chicken, but I didn't have scrambled eggs with chicken, I had it with bacon and tomato.

Helen, I use the hard boiled eggs and then add fats and other things separately.

219.7 same last 3 days.

Our minds are odd things. My body has stopped temporarily at 219.7. For a few days in April, I was at 215.8. This 4 pound difference subconsciously bugs me. I can see that my body is changing. I look much thinner than I actually am, but still, my mind tries to play tricks on me.

This morning I got up, weighed and started making my breakfast. My thoughts were racing. "Maybe I should do a few days of lchf" "I have Battle of the Bands in 2 weeks" "I still have 45 lbs to lose" "OK for the next 2 weeks lchf" "Oh but I feel so good on 100g carb" "Maybe just lchf today"

In the end, I had my fruit with breakfast. I am going to stay the course, because for me It is more important to be mentally healthy and not binge. I have been so contented in the last week, I'm not willing to give that up for more deprivation and possibly faster weight loss. Besides the weight would be half water.

I'm sure a lot of you are going to say, "Stop Weighing". I get that. But my purpose in writing this down is to show how our minds have so much power over our sense of well being. Today I beat my mind into submission.

Today, the animal sanctuary & lunch with my family. Then I am going to a concert of an old friend. Have a great day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I get what you are saying, Paula. It is hard. We want weight loss -- and we want it NOW. There's also a lot of uncertainty in the process. If someone told me, 'hey, stay the course, you will weight 150 by December, but the bounces will be crazy', I'd be okay, because I knew the ending outcome. Since I don't, I'm always playing mind games. Maybe "xyz" will work. Paula lost 10 lb last week trying that.

I also get needing the scale. I can hide a lot of weight just by wearing dresses. Yeah, my clothes still fit...but most of my dresses don't cinch right across the weight line, where I gain weight. The scale obviously isn't perfect, but it is one form of measurement. Also, I got up to 240 by not weighing. Yeah, I knew I was gaining weight, but I sure didn't know it was that bad. I was convinced that clothing sizes were getting smaller, not bigger.

I'm glad you made the decision to stay. Not because I think there is anything wrong with LCHF -- you've had great success with that -- but because 1) your mood/health is the most important; and 2) I don't think 3 days at the same weight is deterministic of a problem -- the body needs some time to adjust (if I recall, you had such an issue last month, and then a nice "woosh").

Have a GREAT day. Is the animal sanctuary like a zoo?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    219.7 same last 3 days.

Our minds are odd things. My body has stopped temporarily at 219.7. For a few days in April, I was at 215.8. This 4 pound difference subconsciously bugs me. I can see that my body is changing. I look much thinner than I actually am, but still, my mind tries to play tricks on me.

This morning I got up, weighed and started making my breakfast. My thoughts were racing. "Maybe I should do a few days of lchf" "I have Battle of the Bands in 2 weeks" "I still have 45 lbs to lose" "OK for the next 2 weeks lchf" "Oh but I feel so good on 100g carb" "Maybe just lchf today"

In the end, I had my fruit with breakfast. I am going to stay the course, because for me It is more important to be mentally healthy and not binge. I have been so contented in the last week, I'm not willing to give that up for more deprivation and possibly faster weight loss. Besides the weight would be half water.

I'm sure a lot of you are going to say, "Stop Weighing". I get that. But my purpose in writing this down is to show how our minds have so much power over our sense of well being. Today I beat my mind into submission.

Today, the animal sanctuary & lunch with my family. Then I am going to a concert of an old friend. Have a great day.
    Smart. I agree with Ruth, its hard not to demand this change NOW. I like you are staying the course.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 09-10-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: per request