Page 583 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 834835335735815825835845855936336831083 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 583

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    What Joe said would probably have run off your back, had it not been for the hormonal issue being added in it would have been more like a reality check right?
    Yeah, instead of crying, I would have told him to go F himself.

Reality Check? The theater stuff was one of the ways I dealt with some of the hard things in my life. It helped me recover from my own health crisis and got me through my Mother's illness and death. It helped me feel good about myself and gave me a reason to keep trying to lose weight and fight my eating disorder. It helped me forget that sometimes my husband is hard to live with and that our life is not all we had hoped. Yes it meant that much to me.

No, in the scheme of life, not that important, but to me personally, it was a big blow. Yes, I'll get over it, but right now I am not ready to totally discount it as just so much "drama".

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    P - thought of you. Hope you have a good day today.

Hormones, Homeostasis, and Why You (Probably) Need Carbs :: stumptuous.com

Ruth That was an excellent article that goes right along with the other authors that I have been reading. I just need to not be afraid of eating carbs consistently. Seems silly since I have been doing NK off and on with binging.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you, Pebbles. Hang in there.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    and my own go F myself?

Yes "the theater stuff" is important, that I understand. This one audition, not the end of the it though. There are other shows and auditions and they will continue to do what you need them to do as far as taking you away from all of those things.

Sorry, did not mean to hit a nerve.

No, I tend to jokingly tell him to F off any time he acts like a stupid man. And normally I would laugh if he started to give me a hard time.

To be clear, he didn't mention his sister's health crisis, he was teasing me about putting stuff on FB and being "sad" about not getting the part.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-30-2013 at 10:49 AM.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I think its wonderful that you found such a respite place in your theater experience. And like others have said, one audition that doesn't result in a part should not end your quest, your drive, your desire to experience this again. It wasn't your lack of talent, you just weren't the directors perfect choice for the part. There will be others - don't give up. In the meantime - there are ways to express your talents - google singing or acting clubs in your area. How 'bout this?

When something I really want is snatched away from me I try to think of the person who got what I was after - Maybe that person was in a place where he/she REALLY needed that particular thing at that exact moment. Maybe something they were going through was far worse than what I was going through and having that "thing" would make a huge impact in their life. I also like to think --- well, if this wasn't the best option for me, then there is surely something better waiting.

It could be that had you gotten this role - you would have been forced to give up something that would have caused deep hurt to you or someone close to you in the coming months.

There is always a different way to look at things to help re-focus and re-group.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Thank You all for your support and suggestions. I know that I will audition again. I will just try to control my excitement until a role is offered.

I am feeling better today. I did not take the change o life supplement. I may take it from Days 7-28 of my cycle in a lesser amount because I did like how it killed PMS symptoms. That would be starting on Friday, but I will watch for the mood swings.

I am enjoying my carb at every meal thing. I had a fabulous naval orange with lunch. Sweet Potato with dinner tonight!

My energy is good today.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    after much reading, thinking and studying of past experience --- I'm ditching the low carb/high fat thing. So much of what I've read says women need carbs. I haven't lost any weight since going lchf - so time to change things back to a more balanced approach.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Well, I am finding this easy so far. I am reveling in the carb at every meal. I am doing 2 fruits/ day plus one starch. Not tracking right now, just eating. But in case anyone is interested, macros working out to about 100g of each, percentages about 20/20/60.

224.7 Weight came down 3 lbs, but had been up 15 due to severe binging. Now less than 9 to my recent lchf low.

Mental state was stable, dare I say, even happy.

Good, even energy all day.