Page 580 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 804805305705785795805815825906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 580

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think that with Dr Attia it is likely because of a variety of things not the least of which is the he eats 3 to 4 times the calories you do.

I didn't have a horrible time doing the NK protocol as I remember it. Just never got into NK and that much fat just doesnt make sense to me. I am sure I would have stuck to it though if I was getting results, maybe. What I am doing now makes me feel more like a "normal" person and I am getting results- so win win.

I dont think you should limit youself to not trying with that director again she made the mistake by not getting in touch not you. Plus the more auditions you do the better, whether or not you get the parts.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you didn't get the part. Probably one of those, it's not you, its them situations. Like demuralist said, keep going out for parts. This is your passion. Don't be like me and give up on it.
    Georgette

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Re: EMF. I actually think NK has a lot of promise -- and I (usually) am now keeping my fat between 55-65%. My challenge with the NK protocol was that without dairy, and needing to limit (almost eliminate) things like avocados, coconut, olives, nuts, etc. (non-meat fat sources), I felt like I couldn't get it -- not enough volume and feeling like I was eating fat just for the sake of eating fat, but not getting to enjoy things. I'm not sure I actually even hit ketosis, but without a meter, no way to know for sure. However, I do know that upping my fat was something I needed to do (I had gone WAY too high protein, probably too many carbs for my body, and not enough fat), and I'll be forever grateful to the experiment. [Of course, I'm not doing particularly well now, but that's because I'm not really following anything and I've somehow made my body really made at me]

I think folks were thinking that you shouldn't add carbs because you had been doing so well -- both in terms of binges and weight loss. But, if it's not working, it's not working. And, it isn't going anywhere. You can always go back to it! At any rate, your new plan sounds good. I hope that it helps things. Will keep up with the peri-M supplements after this month?

I hope you continue to audition again. Seems like the more you audition, the better you will get. And, I hope there is fun in the prep and audition part of things.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes to the supplements. It did make my cycle late, but I think it helped with the binging until I stopped taking it for fear of completely missing my TOM. Catch 22. lol

I'm back to taking the full amount again.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the part. Don't take it personally though. It is them Not you. And don't quit. You love doing this. Life is too damned short not to do what you love.

I have been eating more carbs primarily because I love potatoes and just broke down and started eating them. I have felt good the last few weeks. But it all seems to come and go so I am not sure if that is a good recommendation or not. Just keep searching. The answer is out there.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I did pretty well today. 90g carb, 86g protein and 122g fat, about 1700 cals.

I am taking tomorrow off from school to attend a SpEd meeting for my son. I should only take a half day, but I need to save my half day for another time.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Good luck at the meeting!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Our 15 yr old son's meeting went well. Meaning, they agreed to what we wanted and my husband did not have to act like a jerk. Our son is doing awesome in HS and is happy. They all like him very much. We have a good plan for next year.

I am home alone. I am in a miserable, tearful place. I am just so overwhelmed by everything. Money, Husband and Children issues, Job stuff and the deep hurt and disappointment that I can't seem to shake over the theater stuff. I know my hormones are really messed up and some of this is just crazy peri menopausal woman crap. I am trying to eat well, but my emotions are screaming for a binge that will make absolutely nothing better.

I am trying this higher carb thing, but the whole time I am full of self doubt. I just want to stop feeling so bad. Low Carb, Higher Carb WTF should I do? Meanwhile there is a lot of action in the EMF thread. I am trying to be encouraging, but feel as if I am a hypocrite for adding more carbs.

I tried to talk to my husband, but he will take no criticism of his behavior and how it affects me. Right now he is pissed at our eldest and the angst between the two of them is killing me. He just chalks all my bad feelings up to hormones and disappointment.

Don't Worry, next week I should be better.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Eating more fat does not necessarily mean no carbs, nor does LCHF. The carb amounts you described earlier are still pretty low and seem like a good place to start an experiment from.

Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paula - I'm so sorry you're feeling down. I wish I could give you a big hug!! Sometimes it feels like everything in life is just going down the toilet! But - it isn't, not really. Every thing has cycles and fluctuations.......... most of the time they don't all hit a low at the same time - but once in a while - everything crashes together. That's when we have the opportunity to grow stronger, I think. But then, very easy to say when I'm not the one experiencing the crash! Change what you have control over - and let the rest work its own way out.

The part in the play ............... well, its only one part - and many more will come. It says nothings about you're ability or talent, it just says, this one wasn't the right fit for you.

The diet issues................ make some tweaks - it can't hurt anything. I too am ditching the hflc thing and going back to just eating a healthy diet and listening to my body. I'm not even tracking calories/macros! I've been doing that for a year and it really isn't helping much, so I'm dropping it. The most important thing for you is learn that binging isn't the answer.

The husband/son relationship.............. you can't change that. He has to be willing to see that something isn't working and be willing to make changes. Until then, you can do nothing. Love the son and let him know that you will always be there for him.

It will get better - and you're prospective will change as your hormones settle down again. I hope the rest of your day is better. Big hugs!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.