Page 58 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960681081585581058 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 58

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just spent an hour and a half going through all of my clothes while listening to The Bee Gees channel on Pandora. Whenever a great disco tune came on I would drop everything and dance around and sing along. I got rid of 2 bags of stuff that is too big now.

My clothes and my Mom's will be donated to a Women's Ministry that she worked with.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    good music certainly makes a boring or difficult chore go more quickly! I used to have this really sexy pair of 50's style round toe pumps. I never wore them out because they were not comfortable enough to. But I loved them and I would vacuum the house in them listening to 50's music. I let them go when we moved. They were a deep purple leather, high heels, very sexy.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    maybe this is completely inappropriate, but as soon as you mentioned the housework and heels thing, this popped into my mind:

i have a few pair of heels that are only for in the house too. but i don't do housework in them, lol.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Glad you have a worthwhile place to send your Mom's clothes - it really makes it possible to do these tasks. I held onto most of my daughters clothes until I heard about some refuges from Africa that a friend of mine had befriended - they had almost nothing. The clothes were such a blessing to them and it was one more step towards moving on.

Purple pumps sound like just my thing, but what is it with our eyes and feet not agreeing on shoes? I went shoe/boot shopping today and almost everything I liked, my feet did not. I was looking for a classy low boot or shoe in black that could either go with dress slacks or a pair of jeans and be comfortable enough to be on my feet and walk a distance in (and have a good sole so as not to butt flop when icy out). Finally decided to buy the first pair I tried, but still unsure about how they'll work out - only time will tell - but they do look good!

I wonder how many pairs of sexy shoes the average woman has in her closet that she can not walk far enough to leave the house in

I can tell you that I have quite a few pairs that I can only wear if I know there is valet parking and it is a sitting event!

DH hates when I get dressed up, he thinks heels are ridiculous, that they make women walk strangely. Well to be sure most women I see today wearing heels don't know how to walk in them. My mom's generation knew how to walk in them! My aunt used to wear stilettos so high she looked like she was walking on the tops of her toes. But she walked in those things as easily as if she was in bare feet! Even on ice!

@saoirese, funny pic! Probably explains why so many housewives start cocktails at lunch!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Mud Flinger,

Thank you for sharing that with us. I know that losing a child is a totally different kind of devastation. I cannot imagine what you went through.
    My Mom lived a good life and I'm grateful to be able to honor her by giving away her things to those in need.

Sexy Shoes-I have found great looking shoes that don't hurt at Payless believe it or not. I was never a super high heel girl anyway because I am 5'10"
    Heels make me even more conspicuous.

I have a cousin who is 6' flat footed. We were roommates for a few years in our wilder days. She always wore 4" heels when we went out. We once went on a double date with a couple of basketball players from Rollins College. I am 5'7", with my 4" heels not quite 5'10", she was 6'4" in her heels, and both guys were over 6'6" I felt like a munchkin as we were standing in the lobby waiting to be seated. Of course the people around us looked like they were standing in a ditch.

I am glad to see wedges come back, for me it is a comfortable way to stand taller.
    Chris
    Unknown

2 inches is about my limit. Just enough to make the legs look good. I have just started wearing dresses again.

My right leg is damaged due to poor circulation and years of inflammation. At times it has been almost double the size of my left leg. Now with Primal it only looks a little off.

When I reach my goal I am going to have surgery done on my varicose veins. I hate my legs in general. At least they are less hideous now.

because I have a small waist (relatively) and larger hips and thighs, pants have always been an issue, no matter my weight. Also did 50's type cinched waist a-line skirts. Now I use short fitted jackets instead of belts, but still wear skirts, which tend to be on the long side (mid calf or lower).
    Chris
    Unknown

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mud flinger, i can't imagine losing a child. an acquaintance lost her daughter and her husband; she had a lot of interesting ways to honor her daughter's passing. one way was to put a little of her daughter's ashes in pottery she made and give "a little bit of Hannah" to others. i haven't had to experience the death of a close person yet. i know this is kind of a weird thing to say, but i'm grateful to have seen others handle death so i have a little more of a clue about how to handle the loss. not that i want other people to suffer, of course.

i think the heels thing is just practice. when i was a teen, i wore slight heels (maybe 2") all the time and had no problem even running in heels (not that i would go for a jog or anything). now, i have a hard time walking in them, period. no need to wear heels most of the time when my life revolves around trips to the grocery store, library, and playing with the kids. it would just be silly. so the few times i actually want to wear heels, i'm out of practice.

pebbles, i understand how you feel about your legs. i have pretty low bodyfat over my abs; really my stomach would look pretty fabulous. but three decent-sized babies have left the skin there very bumpy and a little saggy. it looks awful, i hate my stomach. i've gone back and forth about surgery from "this is how a mom's body looks, just accept it" to "i don't want to look like a mom!!" anyway, thought i'd commiserate with you.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 11-13-2011 at 09:30 AM.