Page 579 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 794795295695775785795805815896296791079 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 10905

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 579

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    at work we tend to eat at our desks, so it doesn't really feel like I ate anyway, easy to skip it. And I have never been a breakfast person so that is easy too. But walking in the door at the end of the day-well that is where it gets me-even if I ate on the way home. Obviously habit, but what I do now is just do a small snack where I actually sit down to eat it (1/2C Greek Yogurt, 1/2C Blueberries, 1T raw chopped walnuts, splash of stevia). This way I don't eat while I am making dinner and can put dinner off till the boys are ready to eat around 6:30. Otherwise I would be prowling the pantry.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That walking in the door after work part is what gets me too! I am usually quite hungry cuz I only eat 1 whole egg + 2-3 egg yolks around 11 am. By 5:00 I'm empty and wanting to put anything in my mouth! I usually go for the pork rinds - crunchy and good! I feel like I've accomplished something good when I eat only a few......... and nothing sugary/carby.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Paula, what are you up to today? Any good news?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Still Waiting. Getting Pissed. I have the urge to contact the producers, but that would be unprofessional. I feel as if I am being held hostage and can't make any spring or summer plans until I know the outcome of the auditions. I will really be pissed if I waited all this time only to be denied a role in the show.

Sorry, my extreme anger at the situation is why I did not post today.

Sorry, really dumb of me. I should have realized you would tell us when you hear. How harsh of them to drag it out.

So my friend Rich got a call yesterday, but he had already agreed to take a role in another show. She waited too long. I am not hopeful. One plus is that my schedule won't be tied up for May, June and July. I will keep auditioning, but will probably take the summer off and do some great stuff with my family.

Today my older sons have a music event, so I will be out and busy all day.

I have lost a whole week to a fog of self doubt, hormones and binging. I have not weighed and will not until I can get in 4 Primal days. Trying to eat well today. I have a 3 day weekend to get myself straightened out.

I just sent the following email to the producers. We have known each other since our HS seniors were in pee wee soccer together.
    I still hated doing it and I feel like a whiney bitch, but I can't take the wait any longer.

"Hi George,

I don't want to be a pain, but I was wondering about the casting of the show. A week is a really long time to wait for news on an audition. I am trying to make my plans for the spring and early summer. I keep hoping I missed a call somehow, but at auditions got the feeling that I was not what she was looking for. If that is the case, It would have been kinder of her to send a thank you email earlier in the week and set me free to seek other roles. For some, she waited too long. My friend Rich got a call about Hairspray yesterday, but he had already taken a role in another production.
    Again, I am sorry to bother you. I know that the director has autonomy and that the time frame is not under your control. I'm just anxious for an answer.

Thanks,
    Paula"

So, is it typical in this day and age of easy electronic notifications for them not to at least let you know they are not going to be able to use you this time? there doesn't seem to be a good reason for that. Either way, in the end, it will work out, but making you wait just seems really harsh.

Apparently, there were 200 auditions, but most of those were teens. My friend says that I should be patient and keep my phone on.

So, I am decided. I am going to make some major changes from the lchf protocol. Yes. I have been able to lose weight on it and yes I was at a new low as of last Sunday, but it has not solved the essential problem, the binging.

I have spent the last week binging on sugar and carbs; eating non stop from dawn to bedtime. I have fallen into what feels like depression and my weight is up 10+ lbs. Last night I hit a wall. I was having panic attacks, crying for no reason and couldn't get to sleep until I knocked myself out with 5htp and GABA. My irrational behavior and thoughts are scaring me. I need to find a way to eat a stable diet most of the time, not 2 weeks clean lchf, 1 week binge etc.

Both Dr. Elizabeth Schwarzbein and Julia Ross say that there is a minimum amount of carbs women should eat to balance hormones and keep stable mental health. Schwarzbein recommends 15g of carb 5-6x / day minimum (75-90grams). This level is for those with the most screwed up metabolisms. (Insulin Resistant, Exhausted Adrenals) I will aim for 1g of protein per kg of current weight (100g) and I will add healthy fats to every meal. Of course my choices of carbs will be Primal. I will continue to stay away from most dairy and sweeteners.

Supplements will stay the same.
    Vit D3,
    Omega 3,
    multi,
    iron,
    b complex,
    iodine
    chromium picolinate
    change o life
    l-glutamine, l-tyrosine, l-phenylalinine, Gaba w/ l-theanine, 5htp

Back in early February after a similar week of binging, I posted that I was going to follow this plan. The funny thing was that all the EMF enthusiasts discouraged the change. Well now I am one of the few lchf purists left, so I imagine there won't be much in the way of argument. Unless I argue with myself.
    I have to at least try this to see if I can finally defeat the binge disorder.