Page 577 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 774775275675755765775785795876276771077 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 11567

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 577

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just caught up. What is this "change o life" supplement you speak of?

I hope you hear something favorable regarding Hairspray soon! The waiting would kill me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member

Still Waiting.

A couple of weeks ago, the voice/piano teacher at my school sent out an email looking for musicians for an All Star Teacher Band to perform at Battle of the Bands this year. I jokingly volunteered to be a back up or maybe even lead singer if they chose a chick rock song. He took me up on my offer. The band members are meeting today to pick songs. We are supposed to bring suggestions. I am putting up "love is a battlefield" by Pat Benetar.

I just wish my self esteem hadn't taken such a hit these last two weeks. I don't even feel like going to this meeting. I am currently very unsure of my voice and my talent. But I will go and hide my stress behind my smile as I often do.

Binging of course...day 4. The fact that my period won't come is part of the problem. Heightened hormones with no relief. Plus waiting for news on that stupid show. If I don't get into this one, I am done until September.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Still Waiting.

A couple of weeks ago, the voice/piano teacher at my school sent out an email looking for musicians for an All Star Teacher Band to perform at Battle of the Bands this year. I jokingly volunteered to be a back up or maybe even lead singer if they chose a chick rock song. He took me up on my offer. The band members are meeting today to pick songs. We are supposed to bring suggestions. I am putting up "love is a battlefield" by Pat Benetar.
    No good deed goes unpunished! lol I have no doubt that you will do fine! BTW, how many people with crap voices and no talent get call backs for auditions? Just curious.....

Could there be a reason said Aunty hasn't visited? If you are "practicing".... it is "possible"!!! Just sayin...

1) Some. It depends on how desperate the director is.

2) I doubt it. I have a non hormonal IUD. All the signs are there. I think it is because I started taking an herbal supplement for peri menopausal symptoms.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    don't doubt your talent - you would have never got former parts if you were a non-talented gal! Sometimes the director just have a different type in mind for a part that your are hoping for. It doesn't say anything negative about you personally - it just says they are looking for a different shape/size/sound/age. Think of people who are trying to break into "show biz".......... they could go on 50 auditions before finally getting a part.

And would the All Star Teacher Band have called you if they thought you had no talent? People who can't sing, or who can sorta sing - don't get asked to be a part of these productions or competitions!

Buck up Buttercup!!! YOU'VE GOT TALENT! Go use it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

LOL The all star teacher band is a volunteer effort. We are meeting for the first time today.

It just sucks that my hormones are so messed up at the same time as all this stuff is happening. Something has got to give and I think it may be me. I need a nap.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    It may be volunteer - but they still called and asked you to participate!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Thanks, but everyone who volunteered was hired.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chin up my dear Pebbles. I haven't heard you sing, but I have no doubt that you are one clever lady, and you should be proud of where you have come. To be able to have the confidence to sing at an audition of that nature is impressive. I have my fingers crossed for this second audition, and I do hope you join the band. I am sure a wee bit of light hearted music with your collegues would be a fun way to spend an hour - or two.............
    x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....