Page 57 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 57

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just made some pumpkin custards and some Kahlua custards (not totally primal, but very close), something so I can fulfill a sweet tooth, which comes around in the fall for some reason. By winter I go all savory again, but fall I kinda crave custards, go figure. I think it best to admit it and own it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds Yummy!

So, about 16 years ago in the middle of my 1st pregnancy, I stopped wearing my wedding ring.. Last April, when I hit 50 pounds lost I put it on again. I have worn it for a couple of special occasions since then, but haven't been wearing it daily mostly due to lack of practice.

Well, I have decided that I need to wear it daily. This Primal Lifestyle has so changed my body and face that I am getting a lot of attention from men. In particular there is a young groundkeeper who flirts with me often and a security guard about my age who used to deliberately patrol my hallway so he could talk to me. The groundskeeper knows I am married and he is too, but he still flirts (I guess I do too). It is very flattering to get attention from such a young(30), good looking guy. I'm 44. Anyway, we both know nothing is going to happen because we talked about it rather openly last June.

The security guard really helped me decide to wear my ring. He is a nice, man, a retired State Trooper who came to work at my school last spring. He had never known me fat and did not know I was married. It dawned on me in October that he was seeking me out on purpose. Up to that point we had only made small talk so there was never a moment to mention my husband The minute that I understood that he might be interested in me, I slipped my husband into our conversation. My Mom had just died, so I was telling him how grateful I was to my husband for saving her life several times. Long story short, he has barely spoken to me since. I feel terrible and have looked back over my behavior to see if I acted in a flirty way. My best friend who happens to be male told me that many nice women don't realize that "niceness" can be misconstrued as "interested". I hope I didn't hurt his feelings or get his hopes up. Maybe he is just pissed at what he perceives as a deception.

From now on I will wear my ring in the hopes of avoiding the above. BTW, my husband knows about both of these men. He tells me that I have always been beautiful, but my new self confidence makes me glow. <3

It is so weird for me to get so much attention, because in my head I'm still just me. I keep thinking, "what the hell are you looking at?".lol

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I can so relate to your wedding ring story. I've never been great about wearing mine and in the past have had guys hit on me and could never figure out why (in fact it would freak me out a little) until a friend of mine was like "duh - you're nice to them and aren't wearing a ring"! Then I started to learn to throw pottery (mud flinger) and I managed to lose my last ring throwing some leftover muck out in my yard (brilliant - huh). Since loosing over 100lbs now, I started wearing another ring that was my daughter's and am alergic to the metal so both ring fingers now have dermatitis. I'm asking for a new ring for x-mas (hubby is glad that I actually have an item for my "wish list" this year). It's kind of a security thing for me as I believe the unwanted attention is part of the reason I gained weight in the first place (long story, but a guy attacked my now hubby many years ago over me after I'd lost a lot of weight) fat me=safe family. If I don't attract any attention, then I'm safe to loose weight. Hey - I just had an aha moment. I've been stalled since I took that ring off - I thought it was just the change in seasons. Maybe we should go shopping this weekend...

DH had a special ring made to avoid an allergic reaction. the inside is shaped like a "v" but not that severe, so that very little of it would touch his skin, the the inside was coated with a special metal that is supposed to be the least allergenic. He wore it on our wedding night and woke up with his left hand swollen and covered with a rash. We have it put away for our son.

I am looking forward to being looked at again, or at least having the confidence that makes me glow!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Funny, When I was wearing my ring yesterday, I felt safer too. Of course, I forgot the darn thing today. I'm going to have to attach it to my watch at night. lol

My ring is actually a little loose now. I will have to get one of those attachments if my fingers get any thinner. Since my goal is still 40 pounds away, it is a possibility.

In other news, I donated 4 boxes of bread mix and 8 boxes of pasta to the boyscouts. It's not everything, but that is all I could pry away from my husband...so far.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-12-2011 at 06:48 AM.

I never take mine off. I did wonder yesterday about resizing them. I had to have them cut off when I had a sinus operation and had them upsized then. They get loose now and I have hardly lost any of my weight. They will have to be resized, and that will mean I will go for quite a long time without wearing them as I anticipate at least a year if not 2 to lose all of my weight. I have seen gold inserts a jeweler attaches to the inside that have a sort of spring like effect that would be a reasonable solution. I have some time before I have to worry about that.

It seems assured that you will eventually have to resize it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Well, today is the day I pack my Mom's clothes. I just spent about an hour going through her mail and making calls. I'm slowly getting a handle on things.

Chris, great idea in not removing the ring. I think I will literally put the ring on my watch. I can't stand sleeping with jewelry on.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-12-2011 at 07:58 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I haven't worn my wedding ring since late 2006. After I lost 60 lbs, the ring became loose and I never thought about getting it fixed or having one of those attachments for it. I went to get it out one day to wear it and the stone was missing so I threw it out. I haven't wanted a wedding band since. My husband wants me to wear one but I keep telling him that other things are important. I'm so on the fence on our relationship, I honestly don't want a ring. Men rarely hit on me to begin with so its not like I'm going to do anything.
    Georgette

My husband does not care if I wear the ring or not. I'm just doing it to avoid drama. My ring is just a band. I'm saving my engagement ring for special occasions only because I don't want to lose the stones. It will be interesting to see how many of my students notice on Monday.