Page 569 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 694695195595675685695705715796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 10895

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 569

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Have a totally awesome day!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    SAAAweet!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking of you. Where are those wormholes when we need them? Though it might throw you off your stride if you looked up from your singing to see all your primal buddies crowding the theater.

Congratulations on the weight, too.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    audition I had a pretty good audition. I fumbled a few words and was shaking like a leaf. The director remembered me from the "Titanic" auditions and said he was glad I came back. We laughed about how it sank before we even got on board. I sang my song. The accompanist started a bit fast, I forgot one section and then forgot to breathe, but nothing out of the ordinary for audition nerves. I hope I emoted okay.

After that I sang some scales for the musical director. He was extremely impressed with the strength of my voice and range. I thanked them and then almost walked out without my music just like in the "Titanic" auditions. I joked" I am always trying to leave my music here". The director said, "Yeah don't forget that, you may need it again."

I thought that seemed encouraging as I sang a song by the character that I want to play. (Secret code for "You are my Lucy", I hope). The weird thing is that they did not mention the reading call backs to me. Both of my male friends were told to come back Monday. The only thing I can think is that they are calling back all of the men, but only some of the women. Women outnumbered the men 2:1. If I don't hear anything by Monday, I will email the director or producer. I think I did very well all in all, so I'm sure it must be that they want to discuss who they've seen and weed out the pack. Auditions tomorrow night run until 9pm so I am not sure if they will call after that or email.

ARGH! This might drive me mad. I expected to know about callbacks before I walked out of there. I am going to take a nap. now. The adrenalin rush really takes it out of you.

I'm glad the audition went well. I'm always impressed with people just being able to get up and sing. So much courage.

Well, the nap was a bust. I am so wired I just lay there rehashing the audition. Damn Asperger brain. I am going to make dinner and then go see "Hello Dolly" at a local HS. My "son" from Willy Wonka is one of the stars and I promised to see the show. I will be going alone, but it will be good to get out of the house. I fear I may talk myself into eating something bad just because I did not get the "called back" validation yet. I remember with Willy Wonka, I started bingeing about an hour before the director called to ask me to be Mrs. Gloop. lol

Isn't your honey around? There could be a good use for that nervous energy.

How about making something good for you to have on hand, just in case your nerves get the better of you?

Honey is at work. I don't have the makings of anything good. I had some almond butter. That seems to help the urge to eat. I have my dinner all planned and tracked and I leave for the show in less than 2 hrs. By the time I get home it will be bed time.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Stay strong! You have the superpower to do this! Wonder Paula: Activate your super willpower! Go Wonder Paula!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

So, went to "Hello Dolly" feeling a little tired and wired, but figured I would have a good time and stay out of trouble. It was awesome. I ran into so many friends there and had some great conversations at intermission. My director from Willy Wonka was there along with some of the cast both in the audience and on stage.

This next part, you are not going to believe...I looked up just before the show started and sitting two rows in front of me was the director of Jekyll and Hyde who I had auditioned for this afternoon. At intermission he noticed me and we had a nice talk. I boldly asked about callbacks. He said that he feels he may not need callbacks for the women based on today's auditions, but it depends on who shows tomorrow night. This could be very good for me. I just need to chill and not jump the gun on getting excited. PS the WW director and the J&H director are friends and talked a lot during intermission. I wonder if my old director gave me a reference. :P

Time to wind down and sleep. I probably won't here anything until late tomorrow night or Monday.