Page 567 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 674675175575655665675685695776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 11543

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 567

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Feeling much better this AM. Back down to my low. Still hoping to go under 220 by tomorrow morning, but I will be fine if I don't.

Today I want to talk about food because tomorrow morning's post will be about the audition.

I am still doing LCHF. Carbs under 20g fat 75%. The last three days, I have been doing a 1200 calorie experiment. I brought my protein down to my minimum of 50-55. It is my intention to do a calorie cycling plan. Some days low, but not below 1200, some days high up to my BMR (1700). On the higher days I will eat more protein (75-100g) and fat. Carbs will stay the same. Sunday will be my first high day since Tuesday. I plan to do two up, two down.
    I am currently doing 4 days of 1200 to prepare for the audition. I find that I am sharper on less protein and less food volume.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good plan for your audition prep. I'm getting excited about it, and I'm just watching.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, that is what I am finding that my lower calorie days I am sharper with more energy than on my higher calorie days. I would, if I were you, consider doing one of your higher calorie days a bit higher though. Over the course of the week, I fear that your nutrition level will be low enough to create an environment ripe for a binge. Not crazy high, but say that one out of every 7 days you allow yourself to reach up to like 2200 or 2400 (or whatever a break even maintenance level would be). You exercise so much, I am afraid that levels that low for a long time will not optimize your health.

Plus, it seems to me (from the outside looking in) that you all go out to eat or celebrate about once a week (or maybe every other week-I am a terrible judge of time passage) and this would give you some leeway to do a little (not a lot) and not feel guilt or have to explain yourself to yourself.

Just a suggestion.

Good thoughts Chris. I was actually considering a once a week gross carbs at 50 day, which would allow for a potato, rice or some fruit once in a while and would also bring up the calories to TDEE level (2400).

As far as bingeing, for me, it seems to be unrelated to calories. More tied to female cycle and a general lack of amino acids. And Leptin Sensitivity, but I don't have enough info on that yet.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-12-2013 at 08:27 AM.

oh good, I think having a day a week (that you can move around as needed) will help a lot. I also wonder if you thought in weekly averages it might help you overcome the binges more quickly. So lets say you have a crazy binge one night and you end up with like 4,000 calories. Take that as day one and use the next 6 days to get you to an average that helps insure a loss for the week.

For me, one of my binging triggers is not calories so much as nutrients. So I could stuff myself on cake and buttercream and still be "hungry" and looking for that mystical food that will make me feel right. My other trigger is work avoidance. I am not usually an emotional binger because I do tend to let go of things (or forget them) pretty quickly. I fly off the handle (either verbally or in my journal) and then it is gone (usually). And if I am in a place where I can binge for whatever reason, well it just goes away.

Grades Done, Students Happy, Desk and room clean, plans made for next week. Now I can shift my focus to the audition.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Woo hoo!!

awesome!!!!! Is it tomorrow?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah for grades being done. We have progress reports going out next week..and I am at an inservice for 2 days next week.. le sigh.. waiting for summer..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    awesome!!!!! Is it tomorrow?
    Yes, tomorrow at 1pm.