Page 560 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 604605105505585595605615625706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 11036

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 560

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've never been to a karoake bar before. I've always wanted to try it. but I'm such an awful singer that I don't think it would be worth my time. I saw the picture of you on FB and I love your hair. It looks great! My sister also had a spa day Saturday. Sounds like a great weekend for some spa time.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hey WB chickie.. sounds like the break was good for the body, mind and soul although sorry about TOM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    So happy to hear you got some much deserved pampering!

Blow off the botched singing thing --- like you said - the music was too loud - and if you can't hear yourself singing you don't know where you're at with the pitch. You're great and you're going to ROCK your audition! Haven't seen FB yet today but I'm excited about the new do!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Most of you are my FB friends as well, but here is the pic of my new hair cut and color. My SIL used a curling iron on me, but I will probably wear it straighter on a normal day.

Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-05-2013 at 07:52 AM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    its beautiful! What a GREAT picture!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back! You look wonderful! What a great picture. I am so glad you have had some time to breathe and just enjoy life. Blow off Karoake. It is just something people do for fun and means nothing. You will rock the auditions.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Feeling a little tired and sad today. Venting to avoid a binge...

I had $80 for groceries yesterday. I spent every penny and did not get everything we needed. My husband needs a full time position. Praying. Luckily, our CPA says we don't have to pay anyone taxes this year. Glad I donated all of my Mom's clothes in 2012.

I am stuck at a setpoint. Granted, it is lower than the last one, but not where I want to be. I need to remember that I only have 2 days clean from a binge on Sunday. What the hell do I expect?

I am also getting anxious about the Jekyll and Hyde auditions. I have the voice and the face for the role I want (the lead), but I am too old, probably too tall and still too fat. If you look at the ads for the Broadway revival, you can see that there are instances where the character wears a corset and not much else. I really have to decide if I am willing to take a smaller role. I love this show but what would it do to my pride to be passed over for someone younger and smaller? Pride sucks.

As far as Hairspray is concerned, there are only 2 roles I am "sort of" right for. Velma the former beauty queen is supposed to be thin because she picks on Tracy for being fat. So that one is probably out. The other is Prudy Pingleton who is an uptight gym teacher. Her daughter dates one of the african american kids. I'm not in love with characters or the show.

The upshot is that I may not do either show.

As always, thanks for listening.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Not knowing a lot about theater or casting, I feel like a good director should be open to adapting characters to suit the right actor. To be blunt, plenty of fat people tease other fat people for being fat! It changes the character a bit, but it's only a problem if the former beauty queen is specifically described as being thin in the dialogue, right? My thing for this week is that people are not *too* anything. You are not too fat, too tall, or too old. It's the other things that should be adapting (clothes, characters, etc.).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wise words, NW. Really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Not knowing a lot about theater or casting, I feel like a good director should be open to adapting characters to suit the right actor. To be blunt, plenty of fat people tease other fat people for being fat! It changes the character a bit, but it's only a problem if the former beauty queen is specifically described as being thin in the dialogue, right? My thing for this week is that people are not *too* anything. You are not too fat, too tall, or too old. It's the other things that should be adapting (clothes, characters, etc.).
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    My true fear is that the competition will be too stiff for my age and weight. If a lot of equally talented younger women show up, my hopes are likely to be dashed.