Page 56 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758661061565561056 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 56

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So glad your hubby is onboard with the changes. It makes all the difference both in your success and with your relationship. I'd say donate the boxed goodies to a food drive with the kids so that you can all feel good about helping others and making changes to improve your help. As far as making things easier and helping kids learn to fend for themselves, I've started getting some hot dogs from US Wellness meats. The go from freezer to table quickly and the kids and hubby love them even w/o the bun (dipping you know).

Everyday paleo has some great ideas and recipes for family also. I still don't own a copy but have read parts of a friend's. Hey - I need to put that on my x-mas list!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hahaha! I think that would kill me. I have ~10 bottles of assorted beer left over from my Dread RPG game night on Friday. I'm very proud that I haven't touched 'em. Yet. Wine I seem to handle okay but beer and whiskey ( ) don't react well with me. I might have allergies or sensitivities I'm not aware of.

Everyday Paleo sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to see if there's a review out there in internet land.
    My current problem is halloween candy. I wonder if my kids realize it is disappearing at an alarming rate.

Everyday Paleo is a great book for getting families into the Paleo lifestyle. It has a 30 day plan and crossfit based exercise program. I'm not sure it would have much new to offer a single guy like you. You could check out her website everydaypaleo.com (I think)

Great ideas about what to do with the "food" if we can call it that.

I may be in this alone after all. My husband does not believe that Kevin needs to be completely gluten free for improvement to occur. We are going to start on Friday because we all have a 3 day weekend. I will make as many changes as I can and hopefully the "Boys" will cooperate. My goal is to go completely gluten free in the home and then slowly make things more and more paleo/primal.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ask hubby if he thinks there would be any harm in giving it a try for say a month? Given the bulk of the 'work' on this will very likely fall on your shoulders, what would it hurt for him to go along? I guess there are advantages for me that dh stays out of the grocery store and kitchen, I can be sneaky about it.

I recently read an article in which the author and his children agreed that they could eat as much of their candy as they wanted for 2 days, then it would be donated and out of the house. He said it works well because there is only so much they can stuff in in the 2 days, and it shortens the negative side effects. Luckily I am past that, ds is 16 and they decided iti would be more fun to stay in and play video games than to go out trick or treating.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My current problem is halloween candy. I wonder if my kids realize it is disappearing at an alarming rate.
    i threw the rest of the candy away. too tempting for me, and the kids were sneaking it behind my back.

your husband's shopping trip amuses me. my husband rarely shopped for us, but when he did, he would come home with junk that i'd never buy. and he still has the gall to harp on me about spending. lol.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Funny Story...I went home after work yesterday and found my husband in the kitchen. I started talking to him about going gluten free and as primal as possible in the house, not bringing in garbage food etc. He was agreeing with me wholeheartedly, but he kept backing up towards two grocery bags on the floor. I looked down. He said "I didn't know and they were on sale." He had purchased 10 boxes of breakfast bread mix and 5 boxes of Pasta.
    DH is mostly on board but he's not sold that wheat is bad...though he does limit wheat for the kids. Initially he wouldn't..now he does... The kids get what ever at dcp... so I know they're getting it there and having DH not give it at home is a big win...I just consider the kids are 80% primal and 20% what ever...

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Are there ever evenings that you aren't home that the boys have to fend for them self? Maybe keep that around for them in those situations. Or make a deal where you'll allow them to keep half but half of the stuff he just bought has to go to a local food pantry.
    +1 the boyscouts are doing their annual food bank drive next weekend in our area...what bout putting out a grocery bag for them....
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

It has been a strange evening.

I burned a bunch of old papers most from diet plans I had followed in the past. No more diets! It felt great.

Then as I was folding laundry later, I came upon the sheets that were on my Mom's bed when she died. It felt freaky to touch them. I guess I will have to throw them out. I certainly could never sleep on them.

I've been on an emotional roller coaster lately.

Tomorrow I am going out early to buy what I need to go gluten free in the house. Wish me Luck!

I'm making my grocery list. I'm kind of excited and strangely I feel like a "good Mom". OK I'm a great Mom, but this makes me feel greater.

Weight 216.8 Heading Down again. It feels nice to be eating clean primal. I am so proud of myself, My husband worked last night and I could have eaten like a crazy person, but I had tea instead.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    We're doing a food drive at work for the month then I am thinking about volunteering at the Mid Ohio Food Bank to get some volunteer hours in at work. I'm also buying some non-primal extras for the food drive. The winning team gets an entire month of weekend dress (aka sweats). So yeah, we're going to win.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cool Geo, Good Luck!

Shijin13, The boyscouts are coming around tomorrow so I am cleaning the cupboards today.

It was one hell of a shopping trip. I spent 600.00 dollars. Granted 200 of that was new clothes for my fab bod and some household items I needed.

Now to start cooking...