Page 558 of 1111 FirstFirst ... 584585085485565575585595605686086581058 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 11106

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 558

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still doesn't help you any to beat yourself up!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, actually, I'm not beating myself up. This is par for my course. Just when I get some really good results I go crazy. My period started on Sunday, so the bingyness is not a surprise. I am having a problem today as well. Eventually I will clean it up again. Hopefully the aminos will kick in.

I am, however, under the gun to be at a good weight and feeling good about myself by April 13th, when I audition for Jekyll and Hyde. My self esteem in that moment will effect my audition whether I like it or not.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Gang,

I am going to take some time off from MDA. I just didn't want to disappear without saying anything. I may read & post once in a while just to keep in touch.

I still believe wholeheartedly in Primal and n=1 within that framework, but the whole thing is beginning to make me feel crazy. I can't keep up with everything everyone is doing and still keep my focus on what works for me. What does work for me? Who the Hell knows.

I'm thinking of going back to basics, maybe adding in carbs, not tracking. All I know is this endless cycle of having some success and then f'ing it up is painful. I need to live my life, not just waste time journaling about my next food experiment.

MDA has become such a big part of my daily activities. It will be a hard crutch to let go of.

Good Luck all. (I feel a little like Bilbo Baggins at the end of his 111th birthday. Where is my magic ring?)

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    oh no! We will miss you so much! But I understand. It can certainly exacerbate any obsessive tendencies one may have. Check back in periodically and let us know how you are doing. This makes me sad
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I can SOOOO relate --- hence my 2 week sabatical from tracking. Take some time and get back to the basics - you will find your path

Prayers and thoughts are with you, P!!!

{hugs}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Well.

I came to tell you I made mayo in a jar with my immersion blender, and it worked great! Thanks for the tip.

Then I see this!

But...do what you need to, to make things work for you, but I sure will miss you. I wish you all the best.

Man. I feel sad. No Pebbles to start my day.

Remember that we love you, Pebbles. You help make this forum great.

<3

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Take care! I will PM you soon on whether I have the L-Phenylalanine soon, I keep forgetting to check the cupboard.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hi Gang,

I am going to take some time off from MDA. I just didn't want to disappear without saying anything. I may read & post once in a while just to keep in touch.

I still believe wholeheartedly in Primal and n=1 within that framework, but the whole thing is beginning to make me feel crazy. I can't keep up with everything everyone is doing and still keep my focus on what works for me. What does work for me? Who the Hell knows.

I'm thinking of going back to basics, maybe adding in carbs, not tracking. All I know is this endless cycle of having some success and then f'ing it up is painful. I need to live my life, not just waste time journaling about my next food experiment.

MDA has become such a big part of my daily activities. It will be a hard crutch to let go of.

Good Luck all. (I feel a little like Bilbo Baggins at the end of his 111th birthday. Where is my magic ring?)
    Hi Pebbles! I hope I'm not too late to add this: I have the Body Media Fit device like you have (started wearing Feb. 2, 2011, but only down 18 pounds overall! My weight just goes up, down, up, down...)
    Well they are selling the display unit for $25 (and free shipping) (probably discontinuing that model) so I bought it and the watchband to wear the display on. I started wearing it yesterday morning and I like seeing the numbers right there on my arm! No waiting to plug the device into the computer to see how good or poorly I did! I actually did a morning walk just to see my steps go up. Unfortunately I didn't make time in my day for a second walk in the evening, so my steps and physical activity totals were still under my goal. But if this is of interest to you, go to the website and check it out.
    I understand the taking a break thing. I spend way too many hours just reading stuff on MDA forums. I should be out walking instead! I track my meals but calculating the micros leaves me brain dead. I think I'm over the sugar thing I had (the ice cream binge). Good luck to you!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'll miss reading you, too, Paula.. Best of luck, and do come back and link us to your 'stage' life

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'll miss my SPEED sister, but understand the need for a break. I know how to find you - especially as my trip gets closer