Page 558 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 584585085485565575585595605686086581058 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 558

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'll miss my SPEED sister, but understand the need for a break. I know how to find you - especially as my trip gets closer

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck, Paula. We'll all miss you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Here's to you poking your head in periodically! Rest, relax, regroup.... and we will see you on the flip side leaner than before... You only lose the war when you quit the fight...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Break First I wanted to say that after I posted about taking a break, I immediately regretted it. I just needed a little time away to help me iron out what is working for me. I was bingeing, hormonal and pissed off. I was also starting to feel (self imposed) pressure to lower my calories even though in my head, I know it's not for me. I still plan to read and post less, because I spend too much time on here. The last few days I have been eating intuitively without tracking-three meals, 1-2 snacks, HFLC. My body and mind are happy. I am also seeing good results from the aminos I have added.

Pampering We went to PA this weekend. My SIL owns a salon and spa in Bethlehem. She treated me to a massage, facial, spray tan. haircut and color. I have been forbidden to use box color ever again. My hair was almost black at the ends. My hair is now a yummy reddish brown in the trendy Ombre graduated color style.

Karaoke My SIL loves karaoke and she is very good at it. I discovered that being great on the theater stage does not make one great at karaoke. I chose a slow song. The music was so loud that I could not hear myself and sang off key. My pride was hurt. I redeemed myself later with a duet with my SIL on Bad Girls. Even though my head knows it says nothing about my talent, I am dealing with self esteem issues over it and i have less than 2 weeks until my first audition.

Spring Break Today is my last day of vacation. I certainly got a good amount of rest. My husband decided to stay home with me. I did not accomplish anything on my "to do" list because unfortunately TTOM and hormonal crap corresponded to my time off. All in all, I am feeling good as I head into the last quarter of the school year.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Pebbles!

It is nice to see you, and nicer that your weekend away refreshed you.

Karaoke, hmm. Put that out of your mind. You're great on stage.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Break First I wanted to say that after I posted about taking a break, I immediately regretted it. I just needed a little time away to help me iron out what is working for me. I was bingeing, hormonal and pissed off. I was also starting to feel (self imposed) pressure to lower my calories even though in my head, I know it's not for me. I still plan to read and post less, because I spend too much time on here. The last few days I have been eating intuitively without tracking-three meals, 1-2 snacks, HFLC. My body and mind are happy. I am also seeing good results from the aminos I have added.

Pampering We went to PA this weekend. My SIL owns a salon and spa in Bethlehem. She treated me to a massage, facial, spray tan. haircut and color. I have been forbidden to use box color ever again. My hair was almost black at the ends. My hair is now a yummy reddish brown in the trendy Ombre graduated color style.

Karaoke My SIL loves karaoke and she is very good at it. I discovered that being great on the theater stage does not make one great at karaoke. I chose a slow song. The music was so loud that I could not hear myself and sang off key. My pride was hurt. I redeemed myself later with a duet with my SIL on Bad Girls. Even though my head knows it says nothing about my talent, I am dealing with self esteem issues over it and i have less than 2 weeks until my first audition.

Spring Break Today is my last day of vacation. I certainly got a good amount of rest. My husband decided to stay home with me. I did not accomplish anything on my "to do" list because unfortunately TTOM and hormonal crap corresponded to my time off. All in all, I am feeling good as I head into the last quarter of the school year.
    yay to poking your head in...

yay to pampering!

yay to having the guts to get up in front of people sing (even if it is off key, off tempo and the wrong words!)

yay to spring break

yay to hublet staying home

TMI on TTOM.....

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Glad to have you back.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Karaoke is a whoooole 'nother animal to singing live. I'm not a singer (I mean, I can stay on key, but singing is not a passion) and I have learned that karaoke is 90% embarrassment, 8% drunk, and 2% skill. Sometimes skill just means charisma!

I made the mistake of going to a karaoke bar with some friends once. It was cramped, full of college kids, and ultimately boring. None of us wanted to sing. I'd rather play Rock Band at home!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh NW, that is a good practice idea. We have RB for the wii. I posted on FB about my Karaoke fail, and now a bunch of my friends want to do it with me. There is an Irish Bar around here that has Karaoke on Thursdays. EEK! Part of my issue was that the guy had the back track too loud for me. Maybe it would be different in a different venue.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Singing familiar songs in Rock Band was the only way I got my confidence up about singing in front of other people. I still don't like to do it though! I sing to myself in the car a lot more now, which usually indicates good moods .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.