Page 556 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 564565065465545555565575585666066561056 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 11055

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 556

  1. #5551
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,447
    Shop Now
    The starvation experiment that was done by Ancel Keyes during WWII they ate, on average 1400 calories. Interesting book about it.

  2. #5552
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,494
    Ruth, Even I do not believe that a really short woman should eat 2100 calories, but she claims that her clients don't gain. She herself eats 3000cals a day. 2100 was even tough for me to get in. And, I agree about the comp of the 900 cals. The prisoners were probably getting potatoes or rice.

  3. #5553
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The starvation experiment that was done by Ancel Keyes during WWII they ate, on average 1400 calories. Interesting book about it.
    I wonder what the food composition of that experiment was?

  4. #5554
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,494
    Wt. Down 1.6 Still up a ridiculous amount from Fri AM
    FBS 124, 108 yesterday weird. I was sick all night. I tried a new type of tea that tasted super sweet. Gym workout?
    Ketones Neg.

    TMI Warning My body decided to evacuate all of the useless leftovers of the garbage I ate over the weekend in one shot. I woke up to a childbirth like cramp in my gut. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. The pain was so intense, that I felt my legs going numb just as I reached the bathroom. This was followed by waves of cramping, nausea and cold sweats for at least half an hour. I was afraid I would pass out and I was considering having Bill take me to the hospital, until I figured out what was going on. I have no idea whether it was the wheat in the beer or the high volume of cheese, but I sure got a lesson.

    I feel like garbage today. Bill and I have no set plans, just some "to do" errands and vague thoughts. Tuesday is usually a dead day in small towns around here.

  5. #5555
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,447
    I don't remember all the details of the diet, but here is an article about them...They Starved So That Others Be Better Fed: Remembering Ancel Keys and the Minnesota Experiment oh and I was wrong their intake was 1800 calories.

    Now you know what to expect when you do prep for your colonoscopy when you turn 50! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

  6. #5556
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. Down 1.6 Still up a ridiculous amount from Fri AM
    FBS 124, 108 yesterday weird. I was sick all night. I tried a new type of tea that tasted super sweet. Gym workout?
    Ketones Neg.

    TMI Warning My body decided to evacuate all of the useless leftovers of the garbage I ate over the weekend in one shot. I woke up to a childbirth like cramp in my gut. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. The pain was so intense, that I felt my legs going numb just as I reached the bathroom. This was followed by waves of cramping, nausea and cold sweats for at least half an hour. I was afraid I would pass out and I was considering having Bill take me to the hospital, until I figured out what was going on. I have no idea whether it was the wheat in the beer or the high volume of cheese, but I sure got a lesson.

    I feel like garbage today. Bill and I have no set plans, just some "to do" errands and vague thoughts. Tuesday is usually a dead day in small towns around here.
    oh no!! Hope you are feeling better, your body was probably paying you back for what you fed it.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  7. #5557
    RMS123's Avatar
    RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    TMI Warning My body decided to evacuate all of the useless leftovers of the garbage I ate over the weekend in one shot. I woke up to a childbirth like cramp in my gut. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. The pain was so intense, that I felt my legs going numb just as I reached the bathroom. This was followed by waves of cramping, nausea and cold sweats for at least half an hour. I was afraid I would pass out and I was considering having Bill take me to the hospital, until I figured out what was going on. I have no idea whether it was the wheat in the beer or the high volume of cheese, but I sure got a lesson.
    Dairy (except for butter/ghee) does this to me. I'm very sorry you went through this!!

    Have a wonderful date day!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #5558
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,494
    Thanks ladies.

    My body is not happy. I gained 10 lbs in 3 days. I feel so stupid. It would have been ok if I had only had a bad Sunday, but I started eating on fri night in anticipation of sun.

    Today I am starting a new regimen of amino acids to try and kill the binge monster another way.

    NK macros the same as last week.

  9. #5559
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,513
    Did you look into the dandelion tea for the bloat? I made some for me because, well, I am a giant water bag sometimes! LOL
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  10. #5560
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Did you look into the dandelion tea for the bloat? I made some for me because, well, I am a giant water bag sometimes! LOL
    I am going to the health food store today. I was wondering if acv could replace the cranberry juice.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •