Page 555 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 554555055455535545555565575656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 555

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    enjoy your nap chicka!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am alone in my house all day today and Wednesday. Do you have any idea how rare that is?
    I napped for 3 hours.

I have since been singing at the top of my lungs. I'm not sure which audition song I will choose, but I have narrowed things down. I am beginning to really fall in love with the character of Lucy Harris. I definitely have the voice and the looks to play her. I just need to keep the "Too Old and Too Fat" demons at bay.
    Being beer, cheese and sugar bloated is not helping the negative self talk.

I am reading "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. I had read her "Mood Cure" previously. I was overwhelmed by her supplement list in that book. In this book, she uses a basically primal diet and a combo of different amino acids to cure several body chemistry imbalances. The difference is that she recommends doses throughout the day. I am going to take three of the four she recommends. I think this may be important for the "lower protein" crowd. We may not be getting enough aminos from our food.

It is interesting, like me she is a big advocate of eating enough. She sets the low limits of calories for every adult at 2100 calories. The World Health Organization has stated that "starvation begins" under that number. She has also found in her research that even the concentration camp Treblinka gave prisoners 900 cals/day. So all you "low cal" peeps out there, make sure you are maintaining a good balance of proteins and fats (and carbs, Ross would add).
    She gives a wide range of 50-100 grams of protein being enough for most people.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I am curious about the amino acids you may be incorporating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

l glutamine 500-1500 3x/day
    l-tyrosine 500-1000 3x/day
    l-phenylalinine 500-1000 3x/day
    l-tryptophan (I will continue with 5htp. Right now I have a 100mg, 12 hr time release that someone gave me. I hate it. I much prefer the 50 mg instant release pills I had before. I hate to waste money though.)

I decided, based on her chart, that I do not need GABA.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think I have L-Phenylalanine, most of a full bottle (only took a couple of capsules). I will check and would be happy to send it to you, if you don't mind that it's been opened. It made me too energetic. I think D-Phenylalanine would work better for me (have only been able to find it on Amazon), but I don't seem to really need it.

Edit - In my experience, 5-HTP makes me sleepy so I take it at night. L-Tryptophan does not so I take it in the morning. I don't remember if Ross recommends taking L-Tryptophan at a certain time/schedule or not, but felt it was worth mentioning. I've never tried L-Trytophan for an extended period of time, though I do have some capsules. It makes up for not supplementing correctly with 5-HTP sometimes. If I'm short on the dose the night before, I can take 500mg of L-Tryptophan and feel pretty good.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am alone in my house all day today and Wednesday. Do you have any idea how rare that is?
    Woohoo. Almost Never happens for me...and as an introvert, I love it when it does

I am reading "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. .... I think this may be important for the "lower protein" crowd. We may not be getting enough aminos from our food..
    I have been thinking about this a lot lately. It's why I have been attempting to eat more offal. Liver, heart, etc. - GREAT amino profile. I'm hesitant to take the supplements, though. Too much? Not enough? I don't know. But, it is a challenge with lower protein. One has to pay enough attention.

It is interesting, like me she is a big advocate of eating enough. She sets the low limits of calories for every adult at 2100 calories. The World Health Organization has stated that "starvation begins" under that number. She has also found in her research that even the concentration camp Treblinka gave prisoners 900 cals/day. So all you "low cal" peeps out there, make sure you are maintaining a good balance of proteins and fats (and carbs, Ross would add).
    She gives a wide range of 50-100 grams of protein being enough for most people.
    If I ate 2100 calories per day, I would gain, NK or not. At 1600, I steadily gained 7 pounds (a lot for me). I'm also wondering how NK impacts things. The NK advocates say that it is muscle-sparing, and thus overall fewer calories are needed. I think one would have to look at the composition of food to really know if 900 is stavation (depends on what they were feeding them). I love the protein range 50-100 - that's a HUGE range In terms of calories, though, while I seem to need a lot less than others, I always say start high and whittle from there. Although, if you are eating 1400 calories per day, given that you are 4-5" taller than me and WAY more active, my level is probably about equivalent....
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The starvation experiment that was done by Ancel Keyes during WWII they ate, on average 1400 calories. Interesting book about it.

Ruth, Even I do not believe that a really short woman should eat 2100 calories, but she claims that her clients don't gain. She herself eats 3000cals a day. 2100 was even tough for me to get in. And, I agree about the comp of the 900 cals. The prisoners were probably getting potatoes or rice.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The starvation experiment that was done by Ancel Keyes during WWII they ate, on average 1400 calories. Interesting book about it.
    I wonder what the food composition of that experiment was?