Page 55 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657651051555551055 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 55

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the great ideas. I need to experiment with bread baking.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It should not be that hard since you aren't really trying to limit their carbs. It is when you cut out the grains and limit carbs that it gets difficult to make those sorts of substitutions.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, your family sounds much like mine (3yr old and teenager) and they went primal by captive. They still eat their favs when we go out (or when the teenager goes to church youth group), but since we don't go out often, I don't sweat it. I have found primal subs for many of their favs and now, it's kinda the norm to them (like the Naratha Almond butter instead of PB). I used elanaspantry.com for lots of baked treats and do go out of my way to make stuff that I know they'll like a lot of the time. Just take it one step at a time and do the best you can on any given day and you will be amazed at the progress you can make. Best of Luck!

Oh, and beware of the "Crack Granola" that demuralist was talking about. I made it (from the getting your kids off cereal thread) and that stuff is soooo adictive - I just can't keep my hands out of it - esp. when it is fresh out of the oven!

thanks, I think. It makes a good base for bars as well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Welcome Mudflinger, Thanks for the encouragement. I have been reading Sarah Fragoso's "Everyday Paleo". She has some great ideas. I think I just have to get comfortable with cooking.

Funny Story...I went home after work yesterday and found my husband in the kitchen. I started talking to him about going gluten free and as primal as possible in the house, not bringing in garbage food etc. He was agreeing with me wholeheartedly, but he kept backing up towards two grocery bags on the floor. I looked down. He said "I didn't know and they were on sale." He had purchased 10 boxes of breakfast bread mix and 5 boxes of Pasta.

WOW, your husband grocery shops! I just donated a bunch of stuff from my pantry to a local second harvest.
    Chris
    Unknown

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I looked down. He said "I didn't know and they were on sale." He had purchased 10 boxes of breakfast bread mix and 5 boxes of Pasta.
    Hahaha! I think that would kill me. I have ~10 bottles of assorted beer left over from my Dread RPG game night on Friday. I'm very proud that I haven't touched 'em. Yet. Wine I seem to handle okay but beer and whiskey ( ) don't react well with me. I might have allergies or sensitivities I'm not aware of.

Everyday Paleo sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to see if there's a review out there in internet land.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Are there ever evenings that you aren't home that the boys have to fend for them self? Maybe keep that around for them in those situations. Or make a deal where you'll allow them to keep half but half of the stuff he just bought has to go to a local food pantry.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So glad your hubby is onboard with the changes. It makes all the difference both in your success and with your relationship. I'd say donate the boxed goodies to a food drive with the kids so that you can all feel good about helping others and making changes to improve your help. As far as making things easier and helping kids learn to fend for themselves, I've started getting some hot dogs from US Wellness meats. The go from freezer to table quickly and the kids and hubby love them even w/o the bun (dipping you know).

Everyday paleo has some great ideas and recipes for family also. I still don't own a copy but have read parts of a friend's. Hey - I need to put that on my x-mas list!