Page 548 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 484484985385465475485495505585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 11751

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 548

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nothing wrong with a little emotional hibernation now and again. Emotions are exhausting . I wish I had some sage thoughts for you, but I'm fresh out. This seems like the time of year for the worst financial crap.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry Paula but in my opinion your husband seems to set you up. I mean he was the one who didn't come home. Since he knew what was happening HE should have called you to tell you about not being able to get home. If he cared about you he would have made sure you were not worried about him.

Also, just because he seems to abdicate his part/responsibility in the family's financial situation doesn't mean YOU are at fault or should take the blame. And since he said no about a local tax preparer/turbo tax, then IMO, he should be the one responsible for getting things to his friend.

I hate to see you hold yourself accountable/at fault for things that you are not solely responsible for.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    It sounds like a frustrating day. Please do not beat yourself up. Perfection is a false front that no one can achieve. You know, deep down, that you are not solely responsible. It is my understanding a marriage is a partnership. One person does not solely handle the load. Of course.. what do I know besides you are my friend and its ok to vent and I am convinced naps have magical healing properties.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Naps do have magical healing properties I am sorry it was not a good day but you managed to get through w/out binging and chose a healthier outlet of venting. So vent anytime you need to..we are willing to listen!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I'm sorry Paula but in my opinion your husband seems to set you up. I mean he was the one who didn't come home. Since he knew what was happening HE should have called you to tell you about not being able to get home. If he cared about you he would have made sure you were not worried about him.

Also, just because he seems to abdicate his part/responsibility in the family's financial situation doesn't mean YOU are at fault or should take the blame. And since he said no about a local tax preparer/turbo tax, then IMO, he should be the one responsible for getting things to his friend.

I hate to see you hold yourself accountable/at fault for things that you are not solely responsible for.
    ^ that! exactly. He was the one not coming home - hence the responsibility for relaying the reason WHY was on his shoulders! And if he doesn't think you're doing a good job with the finances why doesn't he take on the job himself???? Or take the responsibility of getting it all to his friend (shipping all those important documents seems risky with our current mail system. Why not scan and email it all?

GRRRR............ thats makes me angery! He should be more considerate and stop blaming!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone.

My husband did call, but the phone was out so it went to voicemail. He had informed of his plan to go to the FH if he couldn't get up the hill. He was mad because I didn't check messages to see if he had gotten to the FH safely or try to call him in the am before he called me. He's right on this one, I made him feel uncared for whether meant to or not.

I informed my husband of the financial situation. He didn't freak.

I made the copies of our tax stuff so we can send it off to his friend. I told him that HE had to call his friend tomorrow and let him know we are sending it. I hope the guy suggests we find someone in the area. This is just stupid.

I am going upstairs to have tea and go to bed.

Tomi, excellent idea. My brain is just nonfunctional.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My dh is a cpa and he uses turbo tax to do our taxes. How complicated can your taxes be?

Not very, We each have one job, one home, three kids. Done.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay! Me too!