Page 547 of 1174 FirstFirst ... 474474975375455465475485495575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 11731

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 547

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I totally agree Chris. However, I am at the point I want all obstacles of my losing weight out of the way. I keep telling myself the end is the optimal outcome.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I guess I am just not to the point where I believe that stevia is what is keeping me fat. If I get there, I will drop it loke a hot potato. Now, I am not saying it isn't a factor, at least for some. I just don't think for me it is enough of a factor to give it up, yet. Having said that, I have given up cream on my down days, so go figure, I was sure I could never give it up.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Well its like I told Ruth.. we are all unique unicorns LOL I hope you do not have to give it up. It would be LOVELY to find it is not holding me back. However that said I do have other options, just not as frequent.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am thinking if I could just honestly stick to the plan I would be fine. I mean I lost the first 22 doing straight Atkins-junk and all, and stopped when I added the whole Primal part. Now obviously cleaning up my food didn't stop the progress, becoming lax did.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure about pure stevia leaf myself. If I thought I could control my sweetener intake, I might try it. I may try it someday when I hit goal.

The evidence that the body releases insulin based on the taste of something sweet or even the anticipation of something sweet is compelling. Then there is evidence that removing false sweetness from ones diet can help bingers.

Hence the 30 day trial through April 15th. The trick for me will be to stay clean so that it is a true test. This is part of my N=1 and no one has to follow me there.

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    If I thought I could control my sweetener intake
    I feel that. Super-sweet anything lights up a big flashing neon sign inside me: BINGE!

Yes, very true. Ketosis, though it has minimized my binges, has not completely gotten rid of them. I am hoping removing the sweet will make me stronger.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

You know, I haven't had mayo much. I didn't like it as a kid, kind of by pretense. "Raw eggs? Ew!" I would really like to make my own and find an occasion to use it (make it for a specific recipe or meal). I've just read too many horror stories now about it not blending properly. I don't want to waste my precious eggs .
    I have never been a fan of mayo as a condiment, but as a salad dressing for potato salad, egg salad, etc, it's essential. That said, I make it and have been successful. The trick seems to be adding the oil in slowly - like 1 tbsp at a time. And it's only 1 egg... I get more upset losing the oil!!

PS I made my own mayo this morning. It worked fine with everything at room temperature. Not to self: Make sure you use a wide mouth mason Jar. (I couldn't fit the stick blender in, so i had to mix it elsewhere.)
    I use a 2 cup measuring cup (glass) with one beater in my hand mixer. Works great! And I don't cut up my spatula when I clean the blades.

I am looking forward to my nut snack.
    I read this as "I am looking forward to my nut sack" and had to read it twice. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    No, I was in real pain. It was my first day in deep ketosis. I had my bouillon, but not until the afternoon. The lesson is to keep on the schedule. One cube before breakfast, one at lunch. So the headache/nausea does not even start.
    We also have a storm system arriving this afternoon which may have contributed.
    Brad and I BOTH got a migraine yesterday! Only thing we could figure is that it was the weather. We went from sunny and warm on Sunday to brutally cold with snow yesterday and brutally cold again today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, Today has been a day. I just need to put some things down here so that I don't eat them.

1) Woke up to a snowday. My husband was not able to get home from work because we live up a big hill. He ended up sleeping in his firehouse. When I got up at 5 am and he was not home, I didn't worry. I figured he was stuck at work or at the firehouse. Well, I didn't call him and I should have. He called about 6 am and was mad that I did not seem to care where he was. I am in the dog house and I deserve it. Sometimes I am so oblivious.

2) Checked our bank account and it is totally empty with 6 days left until a pay day. This will prevent our going to the beer and cheese fest on Sun which will anger my husband even more.

3) We were just served with court papers on a credit card that we owe. We were paying a monthly payment on it with another company. Apparently they sold it and we did not respond to their calls because we didn't know who they were. The court papers are in m y husband's name, but this too will be my fault since I do the finances.

4) My husband insisted that this year we send out taxes all the way back to Long Island so that his friend can do them for us. We should have packaged them up in February. He has not communicated with this friend. It is now mid March. I even asked him if we could find a professional in our area. He said no. I have done our taxes with turbotax for 15 years. He thinks I am not doing a good job.

The Good: I am still clean so far today. We watched our new copy of "The Hobbit" as a family sans Kevin. I got in a 3 hr nap, though it was more like emotional hibernation.
    AND I have fabulous friends on MDA who let me vent.